Saturday, October 27, 2018

Shelburne ~


 
Better late than never.  Even though we've been home for several weeks, I have not gotten around to sharing our time at Shelburne.  We had anticipated spending just a day there, but went back for another half day and still did not see all we wanted to see.  Shelburne Museum is a museum of art, design, and Americana located in Shelburne, Vermont. Over 150,000 works are exhibited in 39 exhibition buildings, 25 of which are historic and were relocated to the Museum grounds. It is located on 45 acres near Lake Champlain.
 
Some random pictures.
 








 


 


The rugs of Molly Nye Tobey.

 










 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow. It looks like you could spend days there.

Linda said...

Awe inspiring what was created in years past. Thank you for sharing

Linda m

Saundra said...

OH MY!!!!!!!!! Don't stop! I wanna see more. Wow, your head must have been reeling from all the goodness and historical creativity there. Thanks for sharing.

acorn hollow said...

We have been there a couple of times and still have not seen everything.
Cathy

Julia said...

Museums are the best. I just love those stairs risers and the stories they tell.
Next time maybe you can plan a longer stay.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Julia

Margaret said...

We've been to Shelburne several times over the years. It's a wonderful place! Love their collections, especially the quilts and hooked rugs.

NMK said...

That is on My Bucket List to visit too !!!

Prims By The Water said...

THose coverlets and scrimshaw are amazing! I love historical museums. The swan or goose was was great too. Janice

Jennie in GA said...

What incredible Americana!!! Especially love the hooked items, of course. Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful photos of the items at the museum, a place I would like to visit someday.

Debbie

Primitive Stars said...

Morni g Lauren, what an interesting place, I would love to visit one day. Thanks for sharing, Hugs Francine❤️❤️

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
WOW!!! I have seen SO MANY of these wonderful things in books and magazines and can't even imagine how wonderful it was to actually see them IN PERSON!!! Those wallpaper boxes, lady heads (not sure what the name of them is) and coverlets sure did make my heart flutter!! Such a wonderful place to visit and so very happy you shared it!!! Thank You!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

I’ve been into a handful of the buildings that make up this remarkable museum.
It’s most definitely a national treasure

Patti said...

Oh my goodness! I would never wat to leave!
Blessings, Patti