Monday, October 15, 2018

Busy Times ~



My Caroline Twigg class (Eagles Nest Woolens) was wonderful ~ but I knew it would be.  I've had her before for a three day class so I was sure it would be another great experience and I was not disappointed.  Here she is working on color planning a rug.

 
And working on color planning my rug.  It is an antique reproduction, Old Hearts, from the Old Tattered Flag.  Sweet Cathy gave me a gift certificate a while back and I used that to purchase the pattern. 



 
Progress as of last night.  Considering I am hooking it with a 9.5 cut, I should be much further along, me thinks!
 
 
Some of Caroline's rugs.





 
If you ever get the chance to take a class with her, jump at it.
 
After spending the two days in class, the next morning before the crack of dawn I headed to Sauder Village for the hooking retreat weekend.  I am always remiss at taking pictures, but did snap a couple.  This was being hooked for the hooker's father-in-law.  He worked for Detroit Edison.

 
I am in awe of anyone who can hook a photograph.


Friend Bobbie's Santa, a pattern by Karen Kahle.

 
Pat was hooking this rug from a painting she did years ago.  This is going to be spectacular.
 
 
Bobbie gifted me this oh-so-sweet bear that she made.  What a cutie he is! 


From Melissa I got these wonderful salt glaze Santas to add to my collection.

 
I am blessed to have such friends :)
 
Yesterday I headed to a historic homes tour in Wellington, Ohio, where Archibald Willard painted the Spirit of '76 about 1875. 
 

 
I must say I was disappointed in some of the houses, but each to his/her own, right?  At my favorite house, I thought this was a really cute idea for a birdhouse using an old enamelware pan.
 
 
They also had this wonderful fountain in the yard.
 
 
This painted lady on the main street in town was also open for the tour.  Year's ago I took my antique grandfather there to inquire about repairing it.  Still have not done anything about it . . . sigh.  Maybe one day.

 
The owner was dressed for the part.  He greeted us in the foyer and gave us a little history of the house.

 
This sign is a hoot.

 
Out back are his antique autos.


I can now breathe easy for a few days (though lots of catching up to do) before my next hooking class this Friday and our guild's hook in on Saturday.  No rest for the wicked . . . er . . . I mean weary :)
 
Yesterday was the day I dread every fall ~ the day my furnace gets turned on for the first time.  A definite sign that summer has left us :(
 
Today is National Pug Day, so here is a picture of dear Ernestine.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
 
 

13 comments:

Little Julie said...

Love reading your posts, Happy Pug Day!! If you ever get to Massachusetts, we saw the painting Spirit of '76 hanging in the little town hall, Abbot Hall, in Marblehead. Very cute town & good jumping off point if you want to go to Gloucester or Salem.

denise said...

The rugs are beautiful as always!

Saundra said...

Am envious of your whirlwind rug hooking events. Guess if you were back working the old job you'd feel like a caged animal.

acorn hollow said...

I always think I am busy until I get to your blog. Your days are filled for sure.
So glad you used the gift certificate. Wow you got lots of loot but then you are good at giving loot.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Bobbie's bear is adorable. So glad you had a good time hooking at this event. Love the colors of your heart rug and thos salt glaze sants are cute! Janice

village folk art said...

I do believe you are related to the 'ever ready bunny' ... you just keep on running. Phew, I am tired out just reading your post. Looks like you had a great time not to mention those those wonderful, gifted goodies.
Barb

Julia said...

I've been slowing down and I see you are speeding up. You never stop going like the ever-ready bunny. I haven't pulled a single hoop lately but have been paring down my junk. I think decluttering is addictive, but I even slowed down in decluttering also. lol...The more I declutter, the better I feel. I no longer feel that I have to hook to have something to show for. None of my kids have shown any interest in acquiring my rugs when I'm gone, (a long time from now, I hope, lol...

You really have great friends because you are so special.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

She is just the happiest dog I have ever seen in my life. You have been so busy and doing such fun things. I would love to take a color planning class. Your rug is wonderful. I love those Santa's.They are wonderful.
I love reading about all of the fun things you have been doing.

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a fun class and I love your color choices, that will be a beautiful rug.
Great gifts from your friends, very thoughtful and fun for your collection.

Debbie

Kimberly said...

I have a hard time with bigger cuts as well. A happy post, thank you for sharing & happy hooking :)

marly said...

My goodness you are one busy hooker! Lots of activity and gatherings, and you were wondering if retirement would be boring. Generous friends you have.

cocoya said...

So glad you used the gift certificate. Wow you got lots of loot but then you are good at giving loot.
slot online

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

you are one busy little lady! the comment about your antique grandfather had me befuddled for a moment...LOL!!!! Love hearing about your classes and rugs ~ met Caroline last year, she is such a talented sweetheart :)
keep having fun Lauren!
Lori