Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween ~

 
 
~ HAPPY HALLOWEEN ~
 
Thankfully the rain stopped and overall the weather was mild.  I think I only got about half the normal amount of trick-or-treaters.  Now there is all this left over candy.  Not good.  I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to sweets.
 
Just a few quick pictures taken this eve.  I'm guessing I've had this ceramic pumpkin for at least 55 years.
 
 
Ceramics made by my mom.  She did beautiful work.  Several of them played music but the batteries died long ago and the cat had eyes that lit up.  I did paint the scarecrow on the left in 1975, about the only thing I ever painted.


 
On the middle shelf in the dining room cupboard are my vintage papier mache jacks and one vintage witch sitting on a pumpkin.
 
 
 
I bought Ernestine a new Halloween costume but she had a total wardrobe malfunction.


 
Luckily her pumpkin costume was nearby.  I didn't even try to put on the pumpkin hat. 

 
She was such a good girl sitting outside while we passed out candy.  She got many oohs and ahs and lots of petting.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

kelley said...

Ernestine makes a lovely pumpkin...Happy Halloween!

acorn hollow said...

love your Halloween decorations
happy Halloween
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

We had 220 kiddos come by the store tonight...and could have had more, but we had to leave. Earnestine is adorable in her costume. I saw a few dogs dressed up tonight. Happy Halloween Lauren! Janice

WoolenSails said...

I wish we got kids, miss seeing the costumes.
Love your halloween collection, so fun and of course I love the cat pieces.
I do have the cat head on a stick, a friend gave that to me.

Debbie

denise said...

happy halloween!

Saundra said...

Always enjoy your paper mache' Jacks. I haven't had trick or treaters in years so don't even buy that candy anymore. And if anyone did stop by they would have to settle for my dark chocolate Hershey kisses ~ after lunch I treat myself to two of them.

marly said...

Lauren your collections are such a delight to see. Don't know of anyone with the extensive and sought after groupings you are lucky to own. Thanks for sharing them with us.

We had not one little person come, four bags are now down to two. I am such a piggy. It poured and rained and spit and sputtered and then it poured. Still is. Can't even walk in the yard. Totally ticked!!

Jennie in GA said...

I so admire (covet) your vintage Halloween collection.....from someone who never got her own decorations out this year. My excuse is that we live so far off the road that we never have trick or treaters. Ernestine is the cutest!!!

Julia said...

I definitely like Ernestine's pumpkin costume. She looks like a sweetie. I love your Halloween decorations in front of the samplers.
Very Halloweeny, if that's a word.

We no longer get trick or treaters in our neighborhood but I was in Ottawa at my daughter and their number was less than last year. They only got 71 this year but they used to get about 125 kids.

My vacation is over and I'm back home.
Hugs, Julia

Margaret said...

Love seeing your decorations. And OMG, of course everyone loved Ernestine! Adorable, wardrobe malfunction or pumpkin!