Sunday, December 13, 2009

YUMMY make ahead potato recipe ~

~ ~ ~ WELCOME FRIENDS ~ ~ ~
I thought I would share a yummy potato recipe with you. I like this recipe because it can be made a day ahead and baked the next. I've been making this for years to rave reviews.
DOUBLE BAKED MASHED POTATOES
12 potatoes, cooked and mashed
8 oz. cream cheese, cut in cubes
1/4 c butter
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c milk
2 eggs
1/4 c finely chopped onion
1 t salt
White pepper
To potatoes, add cream cheese and butter. Beat well until cream cheese and butter are melted.
Add sour cream.
Beat together milk, eggs, and onion.
Slowly add milk-egg mixture while still beating potatoes.
Add 1 t salt and white pepper to taste.
Beat until smooth.
Put in greased 9 x 13 inch casserole.
Refrigerate until ready to bake. (Can be refrigerated overnight)
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.
Enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping. I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

1 comment:

Kim said...

This sounds really good. I'm going to have to try it during the holidays. Then I'll have to go for a jog!!
Kim