Sunday, November 7, 2021

Progress ~

I was pleased with the progress I made on Ole Jack until I checked the calendar.  I started it seven weeks ago at rug camp, so I guess I'm not doing quite as good as I thought I was . . . sigh.  There is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't look to be a freight train.  I must say, though, I am getting tired of hooking those large circles that are the border.  Binding may be troublesome since I do not have a defining line and am making the border somewhat wonky.  As "they" say . . . whoever "they" are . . . I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

I was having great difficulty approximating the correct colors in the rug.  I moved it so many times and took many photos, but just couldn't capture the true colors.  Why is it sometimes it comes out good, and the very next pic is awful?  


What a gorgeous day today!  We finally had our first frost, so this is our Indian Summer . . . or are we no longer allowed to say that?  Don't you get tired of all the political correctness BS?  The Cleveland Indians are no longer the Cleveland Indians.  I don't pay much attention to sports so I am not sure what their new name is.

I dug up daylilies today and replanted them in a new little flower bed.  I still have a few more to plant, but I ran out of steam.  This growing old is not for sissies.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

Saundra said...

Your rug is looking fantastic and know full well the problem at the edge with the circles so not sure what I'll do with the binding either. Did Cathy draw a house at the bottom? It doesn't look to have any curvature at all. I'm sick of the political correctness bs too. And how 'they' conveniently change words like 'crisis' to 'challenge' at the border. Go Brandon.

Saundra said...

I just looked at the original antique and that circle does have an odd shape with lines inside which appears to have a house shape.

Julia said...

Your horse rug looks complicated to hook but it's looking great. I'm not sure if you're using a regular computer monitor or laptop but I've noticed that when the colors look washed out on my screen if I just adjust the angle of my monitor on my laptop, the colors are sharper.
I'm pretty tired of all the political correctness BS too and all the fake news.

Our ground is hard already so I didn't get to separate my tulips. I waited too long. Sigh! 😟

acorn hollow said...

Your rug looks great! Yes growing old is not a lot of fun.
I am replanting some geraniums to keep in the house over the winter.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Well the Cleveland Indians are now called the Guardians, but heard they may have to change that name again as a lawsuit was filed b=y a different Guardians team. So sad with the political correctness. Loving your rug even if it taking forever for you. I cannot even remember when I started my animal one...which is still not finished. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

I'm not only out of steam, I'm out of condensation! Ha ha, just managing to toddle about and do some chores takes a lot of energy! I like the colors of Old Jack, whatever they may be in real life! I had a strange thing like that happen yesterday. Tried to take photos of a pepper plant with black leaves and the danged camera kept showing green leaves, red leaves, anything but black and they were tar black. Yes, PC is a bore. I guess it's the Cleveland Woke's now...

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Love your rug, it’s starting to sing! And I’m of those who am good with being more aware of what’s hurt groups of people in the past and moving to change.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Today here the weather was AHHHMAZING! I think we almost made it to 60! I am trying to savor it as this almost never happens this late in the year in Nod...and, yeah...there's that s stuff in the forecast for the end of the week. :-( And, again, shut that piehole in your face - I spend 7 weeks and more just DECIDING what I am going to work on next should I ever finish anything LMBO. But, seriously, to me who is not looking at it every day, it looks like tremendous progress...and it is looking soooo good....even if it is a little perfect. ;-) Yeah...things have gone absolutely too far. I totally agree that racial slurs are inappropriate...always have been, always will be. BUT crazy nuts stupid is crazy nuts stupid....always has been and always will be. 'Nuff said. ~et~

WoolenSails said...

Catching up this week. Love your rug and the prim colors, I can never get a nice photo of my rugs.
Enjoyed seeing your halloween decorations, you have such a fun collection.

Debbie

Custom Floors Design Shop said...

shop area rugs online
Hand made area rugs
Wool rugs
Area rug for bedroom