Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Once Again Battling Technology ;-(

Some days you just can't win.  Suddenly, when I leave a comment on a blog, the email that the blogger would normally receive showing I left a comment, comes back a delivery failure.  I haven't changed any settings.  I've restarted the computer.  So far, no luck.  I am wondering if when you leave a comment on this post if I will receive a notification.

Then my PC (non Apple product) would not recognize my iPhone for me to download my pictures.  That issue seems to have self corrected.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.


As usual, I took too few pictures at the hooking retreat in Millersburg.  I'm not sure if this is a Caroline Twigg pattern, but it was color planned in a class with Caroline.  The "dirty" spots at the bottom are shadows.


Sweet little pattern by Maria Barton (Star Rug Complany).  You can spot her patterns a block away.


What fun.  Between the whipped edge and the hooking, she added some butcher twine.


This was a free Tonya Robey pattern, I believe in a 2013 Create & Decorate magazine.  Her example was hooked as a black snowman.  (Am I allowed to say that?)


Another free pattern (me thinks), this one by Lucille Festa from a few years ago.  I believe it was in a Primitive Quilts & Projects magazine (but don't quote me on that).  This pattern was purchased on linen from Lucille.


A couple close ups.



Woolnuts pattern, being hooked by Heidi, the designer.

Last but not least . . . and this one is for you, Saundra.  Ole Jack, pattern by Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs.  The same pattern as I am hooking, but this is the large version which is REALLY BIG.


Close up of the horse.


My intentions to take more pictures were good, but we know the road to hell is paved with good intentions 😁


My Las Vegas son was scheduled to arrive at Cleveland Hopkins airport at 1:00 AM.  As they were boarding the plane, they suddenly announced that this particular airplane was actually heading to Memphis and everyone heading to Cleveland had to deplane.  Really?  Don't you think they would know that in advance?  So . . . he is headed to a different terminal and as of this writing, is scheduled to arrive about 2:30.  There is absolutely nothing glamorous about flying!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

8 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Great rugs....That last snowman one has so many fun details! And whoever is hooking that Ole Jack has to be almost as anal/OCD as you Sissie. (Note...I disown any sibling-hood given the recent technology issues you are experiencing... NOT my fault!!) Oy about the flights. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it???? Hope you don't have to pick him up?? ~et~ (Do you have the pumpkin rolls done yet?????)

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Flying is fraught with issues start to finish. And heaven help you if you have a connecting flight to make. No wonder people are more violent on planes now. The industry rails against passengers while: putting them in seats half their size, starving and dehydrating them, forcing them to sit for hours in a freezing tarmac, and shrugging when their connection has been canceled until the next day.
Grrrr….
The snow folk are delightful— so many free patterns out there well worth the work! Thanks

acorn hollow said...

I hope your son made it and is home. You are right flying has become horrid. My sweet B just came home from Florida a week ago when I spoke to her on the phone she said the fight home was the fight from hell. She is 10 yikes!
I love all the rugs lucky you to get a hooking event in. I do not believe anything will happen here until late spring to much covid here.
I was getting that message for a long time I googled everything to fix it but nothing and no I don't get it anymore. But my email does not show up in some peoples boxes when I comment on their blog. I always check comments right from the blog so no issues there.
Happy Thanksgiving
Cathy

Saundra said...

Is Biden running the flight schedules at airports too? What a hoot that list of 9 important facts. A sad state of affairs when feel we must edit our words before we speak them. I'm sick of the PC and 'woke' mentality.
Great show and I always like seeing a horse rug and seeing the Tonya design makes me want to hook one too but already have my next two rugs planned so will have to wait until next year.

Julia said...

Dear Lauren, I sure hope your son made it home safely. You must all be tired this morning. Your pumpkin rolls must be that good that he came all the way from Vagas to have some. You might want to share the recipe with us sometimes. I certainly wouldn't want to fly today. It's so cold and very windy. The wind is so loud on the river it sounds like a train going by.

I love those snowmen rugs, especially the last one. I love your list of quote Life's quotes. They are right on. You made my day.

I have to check for comments from the blog also and never get notifications in my emails.

Take care and enjoy your son's visit and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs, Julia

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Nine important facts just made me chuckle--they are so true

Prims By The Water said...

Heres hoping your son arrived safe. What fun rugs. The whimsical reindeer is way too cute! Janice

marly said...

I do not like that last tidbit of information. When I battle technology, it usually gets physical. Sometimes a good smack onto the table straightens them out.