Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Always the Procrastinator ~


Typical me.  We are leaving early tomorrow morning for a quick trip to Gatlinburg, TN, an 8+ hour drive from home.  Have I packed?  Heck no!  Am I thinking about it?  I've done yard work, run some errands, started on the laundry.  Maybe now I can think about it 😁  I do have my wool chosen for the hooking project I will work on while on the road.  Easy peasy hooking.  Similar to this but I sure did agonize over my color choices.  Hopefully I will be happy with the wools I am taking.

I finished the binding of Scaredy Cat.  I have whipped with wool strips once or twice before, but have never color coordinated the strips to the hooking.  I am happy how it turned out, but not my favorite way to bind.  OK.  Binding.  NOTHING is my favorite way.  In case anyone is wondering, I used 8.5 wool strips.  (I have taken countless pictures in different lighting and just cannot capture the correct green color.  ARGH!)


The color in this picture is pretty accurate.


Thanks so much for stopping.  Will be back upon my return.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Have a fun and safe trip! Sounds like fun.
Cathy

Saundra said...

You sure do push the envelope don't ya, lol. Even when I start packing stuff a few days before camp I still end up with a sleepless night the day before leaving for fear I've forgotten something. But then decide if I forgot something I'll buy another, lol. Looking forward to your your newest project and pictures. BTW, next time take pictures of Tanya's rugs even if she says she'll take one and send to me. I still don't have a photo of the one she was working on at your last hooking group.

Prims By The Water said...

Have fun in the mountains! Drive safe. Love your kitty rug! Janice

marly said...

Catching up. Madi's binding/border/edge/whatever is perfect. Love it. Your petunia is a monster. I usually cut mine back mid to end of July and yours is already that big on the 4th! Stay SAFE on the road, enjoy!

Julia said...

Have a lot of fun on your trip and stay safe on the road.
Hugs,
Julia

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Gatlinburg!! Good for you--enjoy twice, once for you and once for me! My Great Grandparents family farm is part of the Great Smoky Mountains and my parents grew up in Sevierville. Dixie Darlin is worth a visit (cross stitch store) and pattern Hutch (if Covid didn't completely close them down)

Farm Girl said...

Have a great trip!! It amazes me you can hook in the car.
I miss having a road trip and I would love to see Gatlinburg someday. Look forward to hearing all about your trip when you get back.

NMK said...

Love your Kitty matt & the way you did the binding looks so pretty . 84 strips !!! Yikes !!
Have a great trip !

Olde Dame Holly said...

The binding does look great, though! I hope you are having a good trip!

Jennie in GA said...

Scaredy-cat Cat looks great. Have fun in Gatlinburg. Can’t wait to see your mat with the ties.