Thursday, October 29, 2020

October Project List ~ The End

 


My only accomplishment this week was to finish Old Tom.  Hook, bound, labeled, and a final light steaming 😉  


Here is what is left of October's list.  I do have 2 days left, but I don't think I will be crossing anything else off.


HOOKING

Santa & Rudy - pattern to linen - hook - bind - label


APPLIQUE

Rebekah Smith turkey - pattern to freezer paper - pieces to wool - stitch

Stack 'O Jacks - pattern to freezer paper - pieces to wool - stitch
Absolutely NO progress . . . again 😞

CROSS STITCH

Bethia Fenshaw 1861 - stitch - attach to spool  (I just purchased a light with a magnifier so fingers crossed that I can see to stitch on 40 ct linen)

WIPs to finish

Hooked Santa - finish hooking - bind - label


I did lose 4 days this week visiting my son.  However, it wasn't a total waste.  Though I did not find the kit, I was able to locate a Rebekah L. Smith pumpkin applique pattern.  I prepped five of them to work on in my travels.  I had to take something along that was pretty mindless and took almost no room in my carry on bag.  Notice the pumpkin in front.  Not paying attention, I put the leaf at the bottom instead of the top.  I couldn't figure out how to make it work there, so it has been moved to the top.


I know I sound like a broken record . . . but where did October go?

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Your Tom look awesome.

marly said...

Hope you had a nice visit!

Julia said...

Your Old Tom mat looks so good. The golden color looks really nice on the dark brown background. Visiting your son certainly wasn't wasted time at all. You never know when you can visit him again. You don't have to be productive all the time. I admire you even if you took some time off from being so productive, then I would look so bad. lol...

TheCrankyCrow said...

Another impeccable finish GT.... You put me completely to shame. Still no hooking......and very little stitching...but it IS Spooking Season, and I have lots to do. ;-) I LOVE those appliqued pumpkins!! I have quite a few of her patterns/books, but haven't seen anything like those. It's almost Halloween...now put that d*#n list away LOL!! ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I love your tom and your pumpkins are great! I would say again you got lots done
cathy

woolwoman said...

glad you had a safe trip to and from Nevada to see DS. I have not been able to post on my blog - seems I can't use Internet Explorer any more and if I use Chrome I can't load any photos from my PC because they are not in google albums or some such nonsense. I would really hate to give up my blog after so many years but I'm not sure what else to do. I think maybe I read there is an app you can use so I might try that. Yes hard to believe October is almost gone and election time is here. Heaven help us all if the wrong party wins. Hope all is well with you Mel

Prims By The Water said...

Love your old Tom too. Happy Halloween! Janice