Thursday, November 21, 2019

This and Lots of That ~



While in Maryland at the retreat, Caroline took us to her log home.  Can you say WONDERFUL?  What a treat seeing the house and her wool studio.


Antietam battlefield is nearby, so she gave Melissa and me a tour.



The tree to the left of the bridge is called a witness tree ~ because it witnessed the battle.





Here's the rug I worked on at the retreat.  It is the one I started in Caroline's class at the beginning of October.  I had not pulled a loop since the class.  I had high hopes of finishing everything inside the red line and moving on to another rug.  HA!  Close but not quite.  I can't understand why I did not get more done.  Yes, there was lots of eating . . . and laughing . . . but I thought I was a faster hooker than that.


I just have a few more loops to pull before I can start working on the hit and miss.  I guess it is Molly approved.  Speaking of Molly . . .  she is a sweetie.  She has come out of her shell and is a bundle of energy.


This cracks me up.  She has just one long grey whisker.

Red sky in the morning . . . sailor take warning.  It's not often I see the sunrise, but this morning it was gorgeous.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


10 comments:

Saundra said...

Don't know why but of all the pugs you've posted this one melts my heart. And the next answer to your question is NO.

acorn hollow said...

Wow What a wonderful place! Sounds like you had fun.
Cathy

denise said...

It looks like it was so beautiful there.So historical.

Julia said...

Your rug looks so good. Sweet Molly should know because she claimed it.

I was hoping to see some shots of the inside of the wool studio.
I've been in bed all day yesterday with pain but I'm feeling stronger today. Got another visitation and funeral to go to.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad she is getting used to you. She looks so sweet. Your rug is lovely. I would love to visit all of those battle fields someday. That sunrise was lovely too.
Have a great weekend.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Beautiful rug, Lauren !
Molly is sweet and looks very gentle.
Rose

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful place for a retreat and beautiful rug. Good to see Molly doing so well.

Debbie

marly said...

Love the rug design you are working on. Molly is adorable!

That's more of a log castle than a log cabin. Beautiful!

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness, Molly is a sweetheart! She's adorable! I've been catching up on your blog posts and have loved seeing everything you've been up to. Love the rug you've been working on, as Molly does!

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love all your pictures!