Monday, November 18, 2019

Maryland Retreat ~



Partner in crime Melissa and I headed 5+ hours to Maryland this past weekend for a hooking retreat with Caroline Twigg of Eagles Nest Woolens.  It was worth the drive.  We both had a fun time with lots of laughs, eating and even some hooking.

Here are some of the rugs being worked on.  I swear my phone "ate" some of the pictures and they can't be found and looking at the pictures I have, wish I had taken lots more.

Angie finished her rug, Carnival, based on a painting by David Galchutt.


Melissa finished her antique adaptation started in a class with Caroline in October.


Tanya was working on this antique adaptation started with Kris Miller at camp in Ocean City, MD.


Caroline started the same pattern but opted for a black sheep.


I want to be like Joanne when I grow up :)  This delightful octogenarian was working on an antique adaptation by Jan Cole of the Wool'n Gardener . . .



. . . and this rug started in a class with Kris Miller.


Lynn continued working on this pattern by Caroline.  Lynn hooks high using mostly 9 - 10 cuts.  It feels so good underfoot.


Nada brought her finished Sparhawk.  The picture does not do it justice.



I will share what little hooking I got done in my next post.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful rugs and yes, I hope my hands will be busy creating until the day I die;)

Debbie

marly said...

I want to be like Joanne too because I haven't been able to sit on the floor like that in years. Unless I've fallen.

Simply Quaint said...

Lauren beautiful rugs.....looks like a lot of fun.....can not wait to see what you’re hooking😀 how’s your new tenant doing? 🐶
Blessings
Rhonda

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful wonderful rugs!
Cathy

Julia said...

Some gorgeous colors in those beautiful rugs. I'm glad you had a great time with your friend Melissa at the hook-in.
Enjoy the rest of the week. Let us see your rug in progress.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

WOW! Such wonderful rugs. Thanks for taking time out from your hooking to take these photos. Yes, Joanne is a delightful and inspirational woman. Such a sweet lady.

Farm Girl said...

What lovely rugs! I really like my rugs that are hooked with 9 and 9 1/2 they do feel really nice under my feet. I just thought it was me so I am glad you said that.
I love when it starts to get cold. Its so nice to hook.
Have a lovely day, I am so glad you had such a nice time.

NMK said...

All the rugs are just beautiful !!! Having 5 little grand kids under the age of 6 , I had to learn how to sit on the floor & Get Up !!! It's not easy !!!

Merry Wind Farm said...

Lovely rugs but can't wait to see yours! And a pupdate on the new cutie! Melinda

Prims By The Water said...

What wonderful rugs and ladies! I so love the muted colored rugs. Janice

moosecraft said...

Ahhhhh....such beautiful rugs!!! I have to find those winning lotto tix... my job takes too much time away from doing the things I enjoy most! lol!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Oh those rugs ! Pure gorgeousness !!
Rose

Jennie in GA said...

Nice group of rugs!! I have hooked with Nada before at Caraway. She does beautiful rugs. Glad you had fun. Now, back to the new baby.

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

What beautiful rugs. Look like a wonderful time.