Sunday, September 2, 2018

Hotel Millersburg and 3 Days of Hooking Heaven

 
Millersburg is a quaint town in the heart of Ohio's Amish country.  The Hotel Millersburg, built in 1847, hosts many quilt retreats, but I believe we were the first hooking retreat held there.  It was so much fun and our fearless leader Heidi is already planning one for the spring.  You can be sure I will be there :)
 
 
 
I love that they still use keys.

 
The nearby courthouse.
 
 
Antique walnut bed in my room.  It was at least six feet tall.

 
A few scenes about town.  The bad thing about the downtown is that it is the crossroad of two state highways and the noise of the truck traffic is deafening.

 
An ornamental pepper plant in a window box.  So cool.

 
 
Rug throw down.

 
Linda's gorgeous rug.  Such beautiful colors.
 
 
Lynn's rug started in a class with Keith Kemmer. 

 
Lee's rug begun in a class at the ATHA Biennial with Anita White.

 
Heidi's chicken rug started many years ago and closing in on the finish.

 
Sue's colorful bird with quillie flowers.

 
Peggy's fun fall rug and Connie's AMAZING rug of her "boys" started in a class at Sauder Village during rug week.  She is working from photos of her boys and they look so alive.

 
Another of Lynn's rugs.  She chooses the most amazing "dirty" colors.  I want to hook like her when I grow up :)

 
I came this close to finishing my rug at the retreat.  It measures 19" x 17 1/2"

 
I finished it the night I came home.  Now to work on the binding.  One more Christmas present to cross off the list.
 
 
I for one am not happy that summer is coming to an end.  Yes, it is a little too hot and humid for me at the moment, but I will take it over winter any day of the week.
 
Happy and safe Labor Day to all.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

marly said...

Me too Lauren! I sat outside and let the mosquitos bite just to enjoy the warmth, soon to be gone! What a charming town.

acorn hollow said...

Again another wonderful hooking retreat for you! I am ready for cooler air I am tired of always being hot. I love fall and wish it were longer.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Heidi's chickens rug is a Polly Minick design which I've drawn numerous times. Think Polly named it "My Three Sons". I love the rug with the twists and Keith Kemmer's rug. So many I liked I can't remember them all now that I'm typing.

Wow, and sleeping in an antique bed,how cool. The Chalfonte is a Victorian Hotel which still uses keys but the beds in our room are more modern.

Three Sheep Studio said...

What a lovely place to stay ! Love those brass room fobs.
Do you ever sit for a moment, Lauren ?? You're always on the go. ;)
Rose

jan said...

Thanks so much for your fun blog, Lauren. I love your sweet Santa rug. Who is the designer? ...jan

moosecraft said...

The pics make that area look so peaceful and quaint...highway noise can surely ruin the atmosphere...
Lovely rugs!
I'm ready for Fall....this humidity and heat just makes me want to cry! I despise being stuck indoors, whether for cool or heat...

Margaret said...

You've been busy, I see! I'm catching up on blog reading and have enjoyed seeing all the beautiful rugs and the fun you've had! Fantastic! Too bad about the highways -- seems a common problem when you're close to the interstates. Thanks for sharing all the eye candy!

Jennie in GA said...

What a neat town, and how nice their downtown is still viable despite the invasion of trucks! I love that Santa. Lucky recipient. And the rug with the horses and donkey is amazing. Thanks for taking us along on this retreat!!

Farm Girl said...

I love that place. What a fun place to have a rug retreat. I love those rugs. I love seeing them.
I am so glad you had a nice time.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
What a charming town and that bed is so AMAZING!!! Sad about all the noise but it sure looked lovely! Beautiful rugs in the throw down and I really love the one with the diamond shape! So old looking!! Your Santa rug is wonderful!! Once again, thank you for taking us along!! I think you should change your blog name to LAUREN'S ADVENTURES!!! lol
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

village folk art said...

Ohhh Lauren,
I am so jealous of all your traveling and being able to go to these fabulous retreats. The rugs are amazing and the hotel is just too charming and inviting. So happy for you to have such a wonderful time.
Peace and Blessings,
Barb