Friday, January 28, 2011

Hookin' at That'll Do Farm ~

~ Welcome Friends ~
Thank you so much for stopping by.  Is it just me, or have you tried the new blogger and find it very difficult to move the pictures where you want them?  I tried one other time and gave up.  I thought I'd try again and still have had some problems.  Like I've said before, I'm technologically challenged :)  I'm also trying to find where everyone lately is finding those really nifty fonts.  I've poked around some, and have not found them.  Any suggestions?
Wednesday evening, I decided to try making some woven hearts with wool.  I know I've stolen this idea from another blogger, but for the life of me, I haven't a clue where I saw it.  {{Whoever you are, I thank you!}}  Last night I took the supplies to That'll Do Farm, and 3 of the hookers decided to give it a try.  I must say, they came out really well.  Two of these I made and the others were made at the Farm.

Jane, Andrea and Farmer Gal hard at work!
Heidi working the seed stitch on her latest rug. 
Jane's very modern rug being hooked in a 4.  WOWZA those are some thin strips of wool!  I think she was also using some sparkly yarn. 
This rug is one Heidi started in a class with Gail DuFresne.  She used wool strips, proddy, yarn, roving and I'm not sure what else.  I absolutely LOVE the the head of the sheep ~ very whimsical and wild!
I am happy to report that Hopscotch, now known as Midge, is doing just great in her forever home.  Here she is with pug sister Rhoda.  
Gotta love those teeth!

Rhoda, Elwood and Hopscotch taking a snooze.  I'd say she's already one of the gang!

Don't forget to sign up for my give~away if you haven't already done so.  I may be drawing more than one name {hint, hint}.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please come again soon!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Love the hearts!
Looks like Midge is so self-confident and content...

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Great projects! Looks like a good time. The dogs are so cute!!

Kerri Arthur said...

OH MY GOSH!
I saw these too and I found directions online to make the paper ones so I could make some woven wool hearts too.

They are just too cute!

Great rugs too!
Hugs,
Kerri

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Your pugs are adorable.

acorn hollow said...

I love the hearts looks like something I could do. I like hopscotch's new name. and it looks like they are all settling in just fine. You are so lucky you get to be with other creative people loved everything.
stay warm
cathy

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love the fabric hearts. I remember teaching kids to make them in school with paper. The fabric ones are way better! Love seeing so many neat projects, thanks for sharing the work of your friends.
Courtney

BumbleBeeLane said...

I'm on the "old"style blogger,things just load faster and it's easy.Go under design on top hit template designer.Then go under advanced go down to were it says text font.Pic your text style,them hit apply to blog.Hope that helps you.I love the sheep rug.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Julia said...

I'm so glad that Hopscotch is fitting in in her new home.

I love your valentine fabric hearts.

I'm not computer savy also and find it difficult adjusting to working on a small laptop and it's so much slower than my Apple computer and I loose a lot of my comments. Sometimes they just vanish and I'm not sure what happend.
Hope that you can figure out how to post photos where you want them. JB

Kim said...

Those hearts are adorable. I am so pleased that "Midge" has settled in so well. She certainly looks comfortable and happy.

The Barn Door said...

I LOVE the hearts!!! So happy for Hopscotch/Midge!!

The Barn Door said...

ps....I don't like some of the fonts I've seen! They are hard to read!!! Just my two cents from another technically challenged one.

From Sherry's Heart said...

Hey Lauren!!! The wool hearts are from Laurie at LJ Fibers.
When it comes to blogs,I'm always in wonderment of what I see on other blogs and wonder,"How they do that??" BUT when it comes to my blog,I changed the background on it one day and lost my whole blog,so I leave it alone with the attitude,if it ain't broke don't even try to fix it!!!!

Tammy Burks said...

Hopscotch DOES seem like she is fitting right in! Love those hearts!