Sunday, September 16, 2018

Weekend ~

 
Yesterday's hook in at the Catawba Island Club on the shores of Lake Erie was heavenly.  Glorious sunshine and blue skies  ~ perfect for sitting near the water and hooking.  About half of the attendees hooked outside and enjoyed the lake breezes.  Others preferred the cool (COLD to me) comfort of the hooking room.  Rita, hostess with the mostest, knows how to put on a first class event.  Next year's date is already in my calendar.  I was asked to vend and despite its small size (it is limited to 40 hookers), I was pleased with my sales.
 
Since this picture is much better than any I took, I snagged it from friend Jane's Facebook page.


That is a heron sitting atop the rock.  He spent a good part of the day coming and going.



I started a new little rug but can't show it.  I don't want to ruin the surprise.
 
Today I attended an outdoor show in Wellington, a quaint town a half hour south.  Got some mums at a great price and a few fun things for the garden.
 
This is carved sandstone.  The neighboring town where I was born, Amherst, Ohio, is known as the sandstone center of the world.
 

 

Just a fun piece.  I need to find something to raise it off the ground.  For $10 I could not resist.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
 

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time and did well🤑. I like your finds and look forward to seeing the new project.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful place to hook and I would be outside too. I am glad you did well with sales, nice to make a bit while on a retreat.
Fun finds and I love old pumps, think it would be fun to turn one into a garden fountain.


Debbie

acorn hollow said...

Looks like a wonderful place for a hook in.
Great pieces for your garden looking forward to seeing your rug
Cathy

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
What a heavenly place to hook and spend time with friends, doing what you love!! So happy to hear you had good sales and are already planning on next year!!
Love your new garden pieces and hope you have a wonderful week!
Heart Hugs~
Juliexo

Margaret said...

Looks wonderful! And I love your applique piece from your last post! So pretty!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Looks so relaxing. Love the carved sandstone !
Rose