Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Outside My Comfort Zone ~ Day 1

IMHO, Ali Strebel is the queen of hooking with alternative fibers using many different techniques.  She never just hooks a rug with pulled loops like I do.  Here she is demonstrating needle felting dots on top of an area that is hooked.

With Ali's guidance and encouragement, I am determined to try different things in my little mat.  The top rim of my basket has been appliqued.  The stem is a technique called caterpillar shirring and the berries are fabric bundle shirring.  Whew!  She is challenging me!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

4 comments:

Saundra said...

What a fantastic use of that paisley wool!!!!!!! It looks wonderful there. Am excited to see what else you do and photos of the show.

Sue Swank said...

I'm liking it. Can't wait to see more.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I am absolutely LOVING this!!! Now I can't wait to see what comes next!! ~Robin~

NMK said...

I am Loving this too !!! It looks Wonderful !!!