Monday, August 22, 2022

Sauder ~ Part One

I have so much to share but am still unpacking and trying to organize since I will be vending at another hook in in less than a month!

What an experience.  I am so humbled and honored having been asked to vend at Sauder Village during rug week.  It is the Holy Grail of vending!!!

It took us about 5 hours to set up the booth.  Usually we only have and hour or two, but we are thankful we had so much time.  Here we are mid-setup.

Voila!  (Or as some people say, wahla 😁)



Let me just say that it is very dangerous vending across the aisle from the Wool Studio.  They had so many older wools I love to have in my stash . . . and then some I just wanted.  It would be nice to know what I have already because I see some I purchased that I have.  Oh, well.  Oh, hell.  (Wool doesn't go bad 😘)  I have NEVER, EVER purchased so much wool at one time!!!

My wool purchases . . . all are from the Wool Studio except for that large orangey/brown check that came from Dorr.  There were many vendors with wonderful overdyed wool, but I didn't dare even look.


The purple is so NOT me, but I thought it would be good in a Halloween rug.



Will share much more in the subsequent posts!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

11 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

GAH!!! Squealing here....that dress form is AHHHMAZING! Why haven't I seen her before??? I'm a very uncomely shade of green right now. I have a form, but not one like THAT! I repeat GAH!! And I hope you also took photos of the booth before you tore things down so we can see all the fun things that "disappeared." And what wonderful wools! My green is even a shade more uncomely-er, if that's possible. I am in love with the top and bottom wools in that second "purple" stack...and all those glorious rusty oranges. (Could it be I am already in autumn mode?? Nah...I didn't think so...) Well, if you have duplicates you would care to resell, let me know. I'm slowly building a meager stash although, once upon a time, I said I wouldn't do that....And, why, I'm not sure. It certainly will mean I will need to get more serious about stepping up my hooking game. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

I have been patiently waiting for a post. I thought of you all week there. I love the wool you bought, and your booth is huge and amazing! More more tell us more
Cathy

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Just looking at those wool stacks hers my creativity flowing! And the jewelry! Does she have a site? I hope sales were fab!

Saundra said...

Some wonderful wool buys and agree with Robin, I love that orange grouping. Am guessing you had great sales since you bought so much. But what didn't sell at Sauder is already made for your next vending trip.

Farm Girl said...

What lovely wools!! I love those colors. I am so glad it was a good experience. I have been looking forward to this post! I just love hearing what what you did and all of the fun verders.

NMK said...

Oh my goodness your piles of wool are just Beautiful !!! If I vended there , I would not come home with a Penny !!! Your booth looks so fun !!! I want to see more of your goodies too !!! Sounds like you will be busy preparing for your next show !!! Had to just be amazing to see everything at Sauder !!! I don't think I could sleep for a week , reliving each day over & over !!!

Prims By The Water said...

Well I am jealous now with all of that yummy wool! I use to purchase my wool at the Holly show, but now order online...not the same.

marly said...

Sounds like an enjoyable weekend, making all the work worth it. I hope you have other closeup shots of your wares. Haul is pretty and well deserved, you've been hard at it!

JustGail said...

I think I'd have a hard time not loading up on those wools, and I'm not a rug hooker. I do dabble a bit in wool applique though. OK, truth is I do more buying wool with *intention* of doing more wool applique. Glad you found some favorites to bring home.

Julia said...

Bravo, bravissimo. Letting you loose in a wool garden is hazardous to your wallet...Wow, girl! Your sale must have been incredibly good. I'm looking forward to more pictures and some great stories...
I'm so glad that you had this amazing experience selling at Sauder. You worked so very hard, you deserve it every step of the way.

Hugs,
Julia

denise said...

The wools are beautiful.