Thursday, August 25, 2022

Sauder ~ Part Two

I had intended to already have a couple blog posts published about the Sauder rug show, but life gets in the way.  I am still trying to unpack my show merchandise and organize it for the next hook in.  Yesterday was hooking guild and today we went to the county fair.  Days just seem to disappear in to thin air . . . sigh.

If you subscribe to Rug Hooking Magazine, in the June-July-August 2022 issue of the magazine, there is an article about the Heart-Hooked Sisters.  They were a Featured Exhibit, titled Stories in Wool.  I hope you are able to enlarge the text to read about them.  Absolutely fascinating!!! 




Their collaborations are so unique.  Hooking and felting and how they captured their likeness.  Not my style . . . but some of the coolest, most fun rugs I have ever seen.  And can you believe they have not been hooking for too many years?  I believe they said just around 5 years.  They are true artists.



















Snow ~ A 4 Letter Word ~ was one of the Group Exhibits.  The pattern is by Lisanne Miller who was also the curator.
 






Since vending, it was difficult to find time to peruse the rug show.  I took lots of pictures, but not sure there is much of a rhyme or reason to them.  Hopefully I can make some sense of them and share much more.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Those sisters are amazing. I will try to enlarge it when I get on my lap top to read it.
Cathy

Julia said...

What a bonus, two post side by side. I was able to enlarge the posters and read them except for the very bottom. Those two sisters are amazing. They sure are creative. They added a new twist to rug hooking.
Thanks for posting these pictures.

I hope that you'll find the time to just relax a little in between putting your wares in order for the next show. You are amazing.
Hugs,
Julia

JustGail said...

Thank you for sharing the article on the Heart Hooked Sisters. I think. Lovely work and designs, but now I feel like such a slacker :-)
I like the group exhibit too. It's always such a treat to see how people put their own touch on the same design.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

My eyes are really drawn to the snow scenes. Makes me marvel again at how different we all are. Love it

TheCrankyCrow said...

When I see true artists' work I, like Gail, feel so lacking in talent and creativity. Wow!! Those sisters are absolutely amazing. I love the whimsy. No, likely not my "style" as far as displaying in my home necessarily, but I don't know how you can be in awe looking at them...and smiling. I was surprised at the many colors of roving and wool that are used. From a distance, it all works so beautifully together you wouldn't guess there were so many variations. And those Christmas card rugs are equally amazing. Each so unique and each equally beautiful. I'd be hard-pressed to decide on which color scheme I like best. Keep on keeping on with the photos! ~Robin~

NMK said...

The sisters rugs are just incredible ! The colors & textures , so artistic ! Love the Winter rugs ....I always like seeing the different colors people hook with and how different & beautiful each one is. Thank you for the show !!!

Saundra said...

Yeah, I saw and read the article in RHM, they are talented women.

Prims By The Water said...

My favs ae the snowy scene rugs. So many variations and all so great. Great talent in the ladies, but being a prim person would not want to hook something like that. Very whimsical and truly a different way of design though. Janice

marly said...

I want Lisa's hair.