Thursday, April 18, 2019

Leave it to (a) Beaver ~



One pleasant evening at rug camp, I decided to take a walk.  There is a paved sidewalk running parallel to Lake Erie.  I am talking with DSO and suddenly spot this.  I was all excited because I have never seen a beaver in person, so of course I try to take some pictures.


As I'm getting closer (perhaps 5 feet away ~ not too smart on my part), it suddenly lunges at me.  I am not a screamer, but let out his horrible scream and tell DSO the beaver charged at me.  Truth be told, I probably scared it more than it scared me.  Then my phone went dead.  Seriously???  I finally realized my battery totally died.  Knowing how he worries about me, I'm thinking my sweetie believes I have been attacked, so back to the lodge I head as quickly as possible to plug in my phone and give him a call and let him know I'm not dead.


All's well that ends well and it sure does make for a good story :)

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


17 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha...that’s hilarious! And so sweet of DSO to be so concerned. I see you will soon be off again to another retreat as a vendor. You make me tired just thinking about it.... ~Robin~

denise said...

Too funny!🤣

WoolenSails said...

That is so funny, and fun to see a beaver up close.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

Ha ha those beavers can be quite large too. No messing with then.
You must of given DSO a fright.
Cathy

Julia said...

Haha, a good story indeed but I wouldn't mess with a beaver. They have long powerful teeth and cut trees with them. I've seen videos of beaver attacks. I'm glad that it all ended well for you. I'm not too brave when it comes to wild animals.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

Best to be cautious around wild animals, even those smaller ones. There have been rabid reports locally for fox and raccoon. I stay my distance living in the woods.

NMK said...

Too funny !!!I would have screamed & run too !!!

Dirty Martini Queen said...

Oh my gosh that is a great story. There was a lady attacked by a beaver a couple of years ago while in her boat in NC and she ended up having to take rabies shots so glad you got away without a scratch or bite.

Jacqueline said...

LOL

Sweet Sue said...

oh no, glad you're ok. of course... i'd have stumbled and become a beaver-licious snack:) happy easter lauren:)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Glad you are okay--beavers can be aggressive

Margaret said...

OMG! Well that must have been scary! Who knew a beaver would lunge at you! I've never seen a beaver IRL either. Very cool! Thanks also for all the rug camp pictures. I really enjoyed seeing your class, all the rugs, everything! Glad you had a great time!

woolwoman said...

funny but not funny ! I think I heard they were testy creatures and territorial too. Glad you didn't hurt yourself trying to get away from it. Happy Good Friday and Easter blessings to you. Mel

Prims By The Water said...

Thanks for the laugh Lauren. I even told Bob what happened to you. So glad that beaver did not attack you and that all is well. Happy Easter to you and your family. Janice

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh man....those beavers have been know to be deadly.....just kidding...I know nothing about beavers, have never seen one...I think you're very lucky your weren't hurt...either from the beaver or trying to run from it!

Jennie in GA said...

Ha!! I can only imagine your surprise. Looks as though he was quite a fine looking fellow, though.

Farm Girl said...

Haha that is a good story. They are pretty big aren't they? We have them down by the river here. They are always taking the landscaping for their dams. It cracks me up because they are right down town.
While your phone was working you did get good pictures.