Thursday, January 17, 2019

No Brainer Hooking ~

 
For Christmas BFF Belinda had her hubby make me this fun wooden tree.  It came to me as shown.  Initially I was stumped where to put it (I have WAY to much stuff), but decided if I didn't put the antique chair back here, it would be the perfect spot.  I will keep it out and decorate it seasonally.  My plan is to make some paper hearts.  We'll see if that happens :)  Well . . . it just screamed to be sitting on a little hooked mat.  Now I have plenty to choose from, but this is the only one that came close to the size needed.  It is just a bit too small and needs to be a mat with no real motif. 
 
 
I headed to the linen box and found the perfect size of linen.  I'm not sure where I got this piece of linen, but it is really stiff and I don't much like it, but I will use it and hope I don't have any more of it.  Here's the start. 
 

Worms are stored in plastic boxes, so I went to each box and grabbed a handful of worms.  I am not choosing worms randomly, but kind of picking and choosing.  They range in size from a very skinny size 8 to 9 1/2.  The finished size of the mat will be about 13" x 29".
 
 
I posted the picture of my heart rug in front of the oak washstand on Facebook and a couple people wanted to see what the whole thing looked like so I will share with you, too.  And yes, my bathroom is pink and pink is one of my least favorite colors.  Maybe some day it will get changed, but it is not a priority.  Oh, and that tile is plastic . . . and the ceiling is even tiled.  UGH :(
 
 
Cindy seems to be doing well, but she has decided to boycott the water bowl.  I even tried different bowls and filtered vs unfiltered water.  What the heck???  Since I know she needs to stay hydrated, I have been feeding her small portions of the chicken and rice and adding water to it.  She is gobbling it down so I know she is getting the water she needs.  If only they could talk . . .
 
Here are both the girls with DSO this evening.  That's Cindy on his lap and Ernestine in front.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

 

9 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

OMG Lauren..your bath looks like ors did. Pink tile everywhere, also the ceiling. Your tree is so cool. Cannot wait to see how you decorate it.Janice

marly said...

Ahhh such a nice photo! Glad she is doing better.

The pink is very familiar. My Milwaukee aunt used black with it in her kitchen and my MIL used gray. Vintage baths can be nice but I still can't figure out the ceiling.

Julia said...

I'm so glad CLW is doing well. Mixing water with her food is a good idea. Maybe she prefers fizzy water, lol...

I love your wooden tree. It's great for any occasion.

Your pink bathroom is gorgeous, brown looks so good with it. At least it's not hot pink. Just add a green fern and it will even look better. I have pink ceramic tiles in my sunroom and it looks great with the green plants. I don't wear pink but I love my tiles. It blends well with nature.

We are bracing for a major snowstorm on Sunday. 40 to 50 centimeter of snow. Almost 20 inches of snow.
Stay safe and warm. Hugs, Julia

acorn hollow said...

I like your bathroom nice sink! I like the hit or miss and the tree. If you pick up so old books you could make hearts from the pages
good luck with Cindy
Cathy

Saundra said...

Your hit and miss mat will be perfect for under the tree. Love your wash stand! Hope Cindy Lou starts drinking water and good thing you are adding water with her food.

Farm Girl said...

I love your new rug you are working on right now. I think it will look wonderful and I love that tree. I do like that wash stand. I think that is a really cool bathroom.
I hope Cindi Lou Who starts drinking. Have a nice day.

Joanna Turchin said...

Hi - one of my Westies does not like to drink water unless in competition with a new dog in the area! My vet suggested I put a bit of chicken stock into the water (in water bowl). Now he will drink it! I also add equal portions of water to their food bowls.

TheCrankyCrow said...

That tree is so stinking sweet! I love it!!! And the mat will be perfect (you really are a hooking wiz, aren’t you? LOL)....but I am really loving that large hooked rug on the wall above the tree and chair. Oh. My. Heck! I don’t want to even try to imagine all you’ve hooked while I have been away...and have gotten absolutely NOTHING hooked. Maybe that’s why I disappear from blogging....it makes me feel so unaccomplished and inadequate?? ;-) Poor Cindy can’t catch a break....Just wondering if she might have a ÚTI?? Dogs are incredibly savvy to their body functions....and relate drinking to ....umm...well, peeing..... Anywho...just a thought. Love the pic of your DSO with the pups....and hmmmm...apparently he adopted Ernestine LOL..... Love it! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

That is such a great tree! He should make more and sell them! :-)
You've got the best bathroom....love that cabinet!