Monday, December 10, 2018

Bill Engvall ~



Saturday evening we went to hear comedian Bill Engvall in our city at the gorgeous Palace Civic Center.  We had seen him a number of years ago and found him absolutely hilarious.  If you've not heard of him, you can find him on You Tube.  Perhaps you've heard of the Blue Collar Comedy tours?  He is one of the comedians.  He is so funny and it is refreshing to listen to him.  The worse word he said was jackass and there were only a couple off color jokes.  If you ever have the chance to see him, I highly recommend it.   
 
 
Today I am sharing my Santa tree with you.  Sorry the pictures are so washed out.
 
 
There are a few vintage ornaments.



 
Clam shell Santa gifted to me and painted by blog friend Julia in South Carolina and a pine cone Santa from dear friend Wink many years ago.


 
 
A fun Santa angel tree topper.
 
 
A very special Santa on a swing painted by my mom several decades ago.  This was one of her favorites!

 
Cinnamon stick Santa painted by yours truly over 20 years ago.  I painted many in different colors.
 
 
I've finally pulled a few loops ~ VERY few ~ on my last Christmas gift that I can't share until gifted.  I had better get busy.  Christmas day is fast approaching.  I thought I would not pressure myself this year, but unfortunately this was a last minute decision.  Well, not quite last minute since a couple weeks ago I decided to hook this, but I had not found any time to pull loops until last evening.  So why am I on this darn machine . . . lol?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

Julia said...

Lauren, your Santa tree is just delightful. I'm having the same problem taking decent pictures when the trees are lit. The lights seems to make the pictures washed out. I'll try again in the daytime to see if the pictures are better.
I also pulled a few hoops today. I just can't seem to enjoy pulling loops on monk's cloth backing.
Hugs, Julia

WoolenSails said...

You have a lot of wonderful santa ornaments and the tree looks wonderful all decorated.
I had to do a little rearranging for some new trees and things I bought, please stop me, lol.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

Sweet Santa tree. We saw Bill Envall a few years ago and I enjoyed him very much I also saw Larry the cable guy at the same time. Give me Bill any day.
I am playing catch up here trying to get back on track.
Cathy

Julia said...

I checked out Bill Engvall Dork fish/ full show on Youtube. Oh my goodness, what a great talent for entertainment that guy has.
I can see why you recommend him so highly. I'll have to come back to watch the rest of that video. You're right, he's the best.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

So I could enjoy all of your wonderful ornaments. I just love visiting this time of year. I finally hooked yesterday and it was wonderful. Have a lovely day.

Prims By The Water said...

I use to make cinnamon stick Santas! Love your Santa tree and your mom Santa is extra special! Never saw Bil in person, but have seen on tv. He is funny. Janice

moosecraft said...

There's nuthin' wrong with tryin' to fit in "one more gift"! :-) Think of it as being so ahead of schedule that you have "extra time" to add another gift... lol! Bill Engvall is a hoot....and sometimes Ron White shows around our area... it's odd how the "original redneck comedian" is not heard from too much anymore. Thanks for sharing your Santa's!

woolwoman said...

wonderful memorable collection of many varied and special Santa's ! Loved seeing and hearing about them Lauren.

I know you will get your hooking finished - YGG!

I'm tired of all the stupid ridiculous complaints from various squeaky little groups about being offended about this Christmas song and that Christmas song. Turn off what you don't like and let those of us who do enjoy in peace. Hugs Mel