Sunday, November 25, 2018

Let the Decorating Begin ~

 

Those that have followed my blog in previous years know that I am a crazy Christmas decorating fool.  I wish I could subscribe to the theory that less is more, but I just can't . . . sigh.  I love that Thanksgiving was the earliest day possible day this year ~ more time to get ready for the holidays.  Boxes have started to make their way down from the attic.  Having a walk up attic is both a blessing and a curse.  It is too easy to accumulate :)
 
Thanksgiving was wonderful but hectic.  My niece and family were in from Chicago.  Though I did not cook Thanksgiving day, it seems I cooked and washed dishes (no dishwasher) endlessly.  My brother and his DSO do Thanksgiving every year and it is always a feast.  Friday DSO and I headed to Michigan for his son and D-I-L's Thanksgiving.  Another excellent meal.  The scale is no longer my friend :(  Yesterday I did the Small Business Saturday shopping in two towns, but my purchases were meager.  Now it's time to get busy!
 
Granddog Kali with her "cousin" Trina


Ernestine just because she is so cute :)


Cousins

Hooking time has been hard to find.  I have managed to pull a few loops on Old Hearts by the Old Tattered Flag.  Hopefully I can call this a finish soon.  I've decided to hook a last minute gift so that will be next on the frame ~ and it's something I can't share until gifted.  Hmmm . . . not sure what I will have to blog about.  Maybe I can make up some stuff :)  The background is showing up pink in this picture.  It is NOT! 

 
I hope your Thanksgiving was the best ever.  We have much to be thankful for living in this great Land of ours.  May God continue to bless America.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

marly said...

If I had your collections, I would not hesitate to pull out every box. This year with the mess, not sure we will have anything until several weeks from now. Maybe. Maybe not! Glad your holiday was great family time (pups included).

denise said...

🦃🦃

Saundra said...

Think of all the steps your Fitbit will register when climbing the attic stairs.
Even tho I'm hooking there still isn't much progress for me to show so doesn't seem worth the effort to point out a couple loops here and there.

Looking forward to your next post regardless what it is about.

Saundra

acorn hollow said...

I got a bit of shopping too but I don't buy for many so I usually do ok.
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

I always gain in the winter, need more food to keep me warm, lol.
I do love Christmas and decorating and I always buy new things, like you, can't help myself, lol.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Tis the season to deck the halls!!! :-) Looking forward to seeing pics of your home all decked out for Christmas! I started decorating the day after Thanksgiving...just a little bit each day...makes the house feel so cozy!

Margaret said...

I love how you decorate for the holidays! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Family celebrations are the best!

Julia said...

The neighborhood has already put up their Christmas lights but I haven't put up any yet. I always love to see your Christmas decorations and all your collections. It makes me feel nostalgic...
It's normal to gain a bit in the winter and by the looks of what's in store for us this winter, I may need to gain some weight too just to keep warm.

I'm glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. We had a family celebration yesterday while my daughter Christine is home. It was noisy but very special to have the family here.

Julia said...

Oops, I forgot to give you my usual hugs.
Consider yourself (((HUGGED.)))
Julia

Jacqueline said...

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday. You seem to be on the go all the time. No rest for the wicked? LOL
Sounds like we might get some snow tomorrow and Wednesday here in Northern Ohio so that will put me in the right mindset to decorate.

Enjoy and looking forward to seeing your pictures of your decorating.

Farm Girl said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I always enjoy seeing how you decorate. I did that today. All day. I didn't have to climb stairs though. I bet you got your steps.
I have a rug on linen I just haven't sat still long enough to pick up my hook. Soon though. I love that we have another week too.
Have a wonderful week.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love seeing your Christmas decor. Maybe you could post some pics as you decorate ?
This was my fist year not hosting Thanksgiving. I made the Turkey and cranberry relish.
Maybe I liked the break !!?
Rose

Donald said...

Nice Blog..Thanks for sharing it with us.!!

Bell Tent