Thursday, November 29, 2018

An Early Christmas Gift ~



Family is the best gift of all :)  (Well, to be honest, not all family is the best . . . sigh.)  I got a text late last night from my Las Vegas son.  His first words were "Don't worry I'm fine".  He knows a late night text or phone call sends me in to a panic.  He asks me to call if I am still up.  Of course by then I am wide awake.  Turns out his boss decided not to work the week between Christmas and the New Year so he is coming home for Christmas.  He will arrive Christmas eve day and be home for almost a week.  I am so excited and he sounded pretty happy, too.
 
I'm still decorating like a fool.  I've gotten lots done and it's not even December yet.  I still haven't started my Christmas gift rug yet.  Hopefully soon.
 
Do you remember the hard plastic Christmas items from the 50's?  I didn't know I had collected so many.  Most of them were purchases but a few were gifts.




 
Thank you for all the sweet comments on my last post.  I still haven't figured out how to have the comments emailed to me, so it makes it difficult to respond.  One of these days . . . in my spare time . . . I hope I can figure it out.  My first try was unsuccessful.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren 
 

7 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Gosh looking at all of your plastic Christmas items made me think of the ones my mom had in the 50's. Wonder if she still has them. So glad your son is able to be with you, but I am like you any call or text in the middle of the night always gets to me. I have to finish my decorating this weekend. Janice

marly said...

Wonderful surprise for you! As for the comments, here goes. Go to your Blogger dashboard, Settings, EMail. In the large Comment Notification Email box, highlight or backspace to REMOVE/DELETE your email address. THEN CLICK SAVE. Enter your email address back into the same Notification box, then CLICK SAVE. You will receive an email asking if you want to subscribe to comments, click subscribe and send. It's best not to use AOL, Hotmail and Yahoo addresses, may have a problem but try anyway. All others work. You still may not get AOL and Yahoo through but all others will be sent to the email you entered into the notification box.

Jo Ann said...

You are out of control ! BUT I love them all. Enjoy your son being home and a Merry Christmas to you and your family.

acorn hollow said...

How wonderful to have your son home for a week!!! You are inspiring me to get with it on the decorations. I have been so busy battling snow, baking for cookie walks, and working it has left no time for anything else. Hopefully this weekend is the time for decorating.
Cathy

Julia said...

I love that you are still so excited about decorating for Christmas. You're so young in spirit.
I'm so glad that your son will be home for Christmas. That's such great news. That will make decorating even more fun.

Like you, I get a little nervous when I get a text or phone call late at night.

Take care and be safe.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

You will be so glad when you do that then its back to normal blogging again. How nice your son is coming home. That sounds so nice. I love seeing your Christmas Santa's. Have a lovely day.

WoolenSails said...

That is a wonderful surprise and I hope you enjoy your visit.
I got out of control with cat collectibles, lol. Time to have a yard sale, but I will keep my favorites.

Debbie