Wednesday, January 31, 2018

WIPs



I normally work on only one project at a time, and 99% of the time it is a hooking project.  I started New England Gravestone Urn (Old Scotties Primitives) before heading to Off the Ocean Rug Conference and only had background left to hook.  It went to camp with me to work on until I got to meet one on one with Kris Miller and begin color planning my rug.  So that made two projects in process.  I have since completed the gravestone urn . . .
 
 
. . . and made progress on my Maggie Bonanomi rug, Tulip & Peony.
 
 
Then I took an applique class with Rebekah L. Smith and have been working daily on it.  I am almost ready to start the making of the bag.  UGH!  Not my forte :(
 
 
Also wanted to hook a couple Valentine gifts, so I pulled my Red House Wool Studio heart pattern.  One done.  Except for the reds and bits of paisley, I used wool I dyed before I left for rug camp.  I've started another but don't have enough hooked to bother with a picture.
 
 
I am heading to Sauder Village tomorrow to hook for a couple days.  The gravestone urn and one of the heart mats are prepped for binding.  Instead of my normal binding with wool, I am going to whip them, one with #8 cut strips and the other with some chunky wool yarn.  Hopefully I will get those done and lots of hooking on my Maggie B rug, too.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

17 comments:

Saundra said...

How in the hell would you have found time to work? Am guessing you no longer worry about that retirement quandary, right?

Love the way MBs piece is turning out as well as the hearts and applique purse. You sure have been working like a woman on fire.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lauren,I feel like such a slow poke!I love all your projects.

marly said...

Looks of good looking work. The soft red of the heart is perfect. The applique design is darling and your stitches look really good on the soon-to-be bag.

WoolenSails said...

They are all beautiful pieces, you have really got a lot done. I hope you have a wonderful time at Sauder and look forward to hearing about it.

Debbie

denise said...

love the heart!

acorn hollow said...

wow!!! you are on fire! Good for you love them all.
Cathy

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your work is beautiful, Lauren! I love it all.
Have a great time at Sauder Village.
Rose

Julia said...

Wow, you are one busy lady. I agree, you're on fire.
My goodness, I love that wool appliqué. The stitching set it off so nicely. Love the colors as well. You are enjoying your retirement in style.
Hugs, Julia

Margaret said...

Love seeing your WIPs! They are all wonderful! Have fun hooking!

NMK said...

Wow !!! You have been busy ...everything looks so nice !

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Are you SURE you are retired?? You are one BUSY Lady and all of your pieces are just wonderful!! Lucky YOU going to Sauder!!! Wish I was going, too!!
Hope you have a GREAT TIME!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Curtains in My Tree said...

I really like both projects
And someday I'm really going to start one

Jacqueline said...

I love them all. I finished a rug for my daughter in Jan. And just started another. Plus I have two quilts I am working on and trying to do sample blocks to start a third quilt. Just shoot me. Have fun at Sauder.

Prims By The Water said...

Still cannot get over the colors in your latest rug. Be still my heart. Janice

woolwoman said...

hope you have a great time at Sauder!
love your urn finish and the Maggie rug is so pretty. I LOVE your Rebekah project WOW the partridge is wonderful
Mel

Jennie in GA said...

What a gorgeous lot of projects!! And so near the finish line on all of them. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite. Can’t wait to see what you do with that pretty Rebekah project! Have fun at Sauder.

Farm Girl said...

How nice you are gone hooking. Since its too cold to go fishing. I drew out a new pattern today. I am working on one with hearts now. I love all of your rugs. They are just great. I didn't know that heart pattern was Cathy's Now I can track it down. Have a lovely time.