Friday, June 16, 2017

Floral Scroll ~

 
I've made a (very) little progress on my Floral Scroll rug that I started at Cedar Lakes rug camp with Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs.  This rug seems to be taking forever.  I don't know what I'm doing with my time, but it sure hasn't been spent hooking . . . sigh.  We leave for California in less than three weeks and I would like to get this done before I go.  I'd also like to get my Horse rug done, but I sure don't see that happening.  Since we are flying, I plan to take a punch needle project or two and maybe an applique project to work on.  I am taking a Rebekah L. Smith class the week prior to leaving, so I'm sure that could keep me plenty busy.
 
These pictures were taken outside.  The most accurate colors are in the last picture.  There are a couple pulled worms where I need to tweak a little and the star flower still needs "something" different.
 


 
Saturday I went to the Garden Fair at Quailcrest Farm.  I got another wine bottle tree.  My neighbors must think I'm a real wino . . . lol. 
 

My cheesy Dollar Tree flamingo 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

village folk art said...

Hi Lauren, the flower scroll rug is beautiful. Love all the wonderful colors in it too. Those wine bottle trees are very unique. Enjoy your Rebekah class as I know lucky you will. It is supposed to be 107 here (Mojave Desert) next Tuesday... it has been warming up... enjoy your California visit.
Barb

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

What about just adding a
darker line between the blue and coral in the star flower? I like that pattern.

acorn hollow said...

I am living through you taking classe getting out and about! I am working 40plus hours and doing a bit of gardening. Enjoy California!
Cathy
Ps love your rug

Saundra said...

You've done quite a lot on your runner. I'm getting in the mood for a floral design but have a couple other rugs on top of that first.
OMG, pink flamingo yard ornaments.... that used to be a family joke with us. My mother LOVED them and my step-father (who I ADORED) didn't. So many is the time I'd give my mother pink flamingos as a gift, I painted pink flamingos on a pair of undies for her, and anytime time I saw a nick-nack with flamingos would buy them too.
When I purchased a house after my first husband died my step-father had my son place some in my front yard as a joke.

Jacqueline said...

Your rug is going to be a stunner. Three weeks would never be enough time for me to finish that rug. Good luck.

Julia said...

Your beautiful runner is almost done. Just stop putting pressure on yourself girlfriend. You are old enough to retire, then you do whatever you enjoy doing and when it's the right time to pick up the hook, hook away till you had enough.

The thing is, there are things that needs to be done in between having fun for all of us. I always enjoy seeing your progress wether it's a little bit or a big bit.
Your bottle trees makes me smile.

Smiles & hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Hopefully you can take your needle punch on the plane. Love the progress on your runner. I have been at a standstill with my own rug, so know the feeling. Janice

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your rug is BEAUTIFUL !
You have a full slate of activities - it makes my head spin ! Looks like you're enjoying your days.
Rose

The Eveningstitcher said...

The runner is beautiful!! Love all the colors! Better be careful with that punch needle...TSA may take it away...LOL!! Lucky you taking Rebekah's class...one day...

Jennie in GA said...

Really like the central flower and those red veined leaves. This rug is going to be a beauty. Love your yard art!!

kelley said...

your rug is glorious...one I'd like to hook too...haven't been to Quailcrest in ages, such a beautiful place...hope you're having a great vacation..

Larkrise garden girl said...

I love bottles in the garden. Your rug is wonderful. Hugs cheri