Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Library, a Movie and Luck ~

Tonight was hooking at the Fairview Park Library. It was a very small but talented group of hookers! Here's Andrea's sheep rug. Once she gets more of the face filled in it won't look so spooky! Stop over at That'll Do Farm and say hi.
Lisa was binding a little Magdalena Briner rug. As usual, the colors are TOTALLY wrong in the picture. It is absolutely wonderful in person ~ very muted and old looking.
Here's Sylvia's finished sheep rug. (SSHHH. I don't think I'm supposed to tell you this is the same rug that Andrea is working on. I wasn't "allowed" to put the pictures side by side!) Once again, the color is all wrong :(
A close up of the sheep and the roving she used for dimension.
One of the sunflowers.
Karin is busy at work on her antique adaptation. She says she's hooking this one for herself!
That's Sylvia at work on a rug designed by her daughter Lisa. Polly is busy in the background.
Sylvia's rug. I love the way she is hooking the snowman. It gives such texture.
Polly is working on a sweet little penny runner for her daughter, I believe.
I won't even bore you with the progress ~ or lack thereof ~ on my rug. One of these days.....sigh!
Sunday afternoon I took my grandson to see Tangled. I had no idea what the movie was about. I only knew that it was rated PG. Oh, we LOVED it! I may have enjoyed it more than he did. He kept telling me that it was "laugh out funny". I told him it was "laugh out loud funny" but he said "no, laugh out funny". Either way, it was totally delightful!
Yesterday was my lucky day. I won a give-away from Sandi over at Olde Crow Primitives. What a great way to start the week. Thank you so much, Sandi!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

YAY for you!!! That's a cute little mat! And I love Sylvia's sheep rug ~ very nice!!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

I've been looking at so many nice hooked rugs...and thinking HEY I can do that. I just love the look! But... I don't know where to start! Since you are such a good 'hooker' haha...I thought I would ask you if you had some tips or links that could help me get started. Thanks so much.

acorn hollow said...

Lucky you time with the grandson and time with hookers. and congradulations on the win. I love that little piece.
cathy

My Colonial Home said...

Glad I stopped by - love the different hooked rugs - makes me want to start mine but Christmas has to get started then I will have time for it.
How fun to go to the movie with your grandson - isn't it funny how they think???

Karen

Cathy G. said...

Lauren,
Every one is making such nice progress on their rugs! They all look fantastic! Have to get something on the frame very soon myself!
Again congrats on the win!
Hugs!
Cathy G

Joanne said...

Hey give it up - we need to see your rug! Great shots of everyone's rugs - such a talented group!

TOo funny about your grandson - they definitely know what they want to say!

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
As usual the rugs are lovely! You all do such great primitives.
Glad you and Jake enjoyed the movie.
It's such a joy to have a good time with a grandchild. And yours is super cute!

The Barn Door said...

I want to see that movie!!! Love all the rug pics you posted!
Happy Holidays
Karen

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Lauren, Such beautiful rugs!! I have a kit, I really need to learn how to do this! OLM

Julia said...

Lauren, what a lovely day you had. It' so nice to spend some time with the grandkids. I must check out that movie for my grandkids.

The rugs are all lovely. Unfortunately, mine is just waiting patiently on the frame.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. JB

Kim said...

Congratulations on winning the mat. Its like an early Christmas present!
And I am laughing out funny about Jake! So cute.

Tammy Burks said...

Those are some great rugs your group is working on! I really need to sit down and work on my rugs!