Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Winnings and a Couple of Rugs ~

Welcome one and all. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my blog!
In today's mail, I received my give~away goodies from Becky at PrimitivesnStitchin. She grubbied up the votive ~ it smells wonderful ~ and she even sent me the little vintage tin. She also stitched the sweetest little pumpking mat.
Check out this witch crow!!! Isn't it just the most wonderful creation? I just love it and of course my photo does not do it justice. Thank you so much, Becky. Stop on over at her blog and tell her the pugs sent you! (Even though I am still pug-less.)
Tuesday evening was the monthly hook-in a the library. Here's Karin, Lisa and Polly hard at work. Carole, Mitsuko and Deanna were making sewing rolls but I failed to get any pictures of their handiwork. Candie and Andrea were also there but no pictures :(
This is Carole's rug. As always, just magnificent and so close to completion.
Lisa is hooking a Wendy Miller pattern she purchased at Sauder Village. You can't tell by the picture, but she hooked the rooster in a very nubby-looking manner. It is going to be a wonderful rug.
Here's Deanna doing her Wilson impression from Home Improvements.
That's it for tonight. It's about time to fall in to bed, though I probably won't get there for another hour. I'm just not smart enough to get to bed at a reasonable time. I guess I'll just never learn :-)
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

8 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Great gifts. and I always love to see your rug hooking friends projects. you are up to 112 followers so great. I too should be falling in bed but I am sitting here looking at blogs.
Have a great weekend.
Cathy

primitivebettys said...

Congrats on the prize win! That is a great bunch of goodies indeed. The rugs are all just beautiful! I envy you being able to get together once a month for hook-ins. I like to get to Judy Cripps for your monthly hook-in, but because it is an hour away, it doesn't always work out.

Smiles,

Betty

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
Congratulations on your winnings! What nice decorations for the Halloween season.
Thanks for the pictures of the Library Hookers. They are such talented ladies. It's always a pleasure to see what they are working on. But there are no pictures of your current project. What are you working on???
I just love the old post cards you display at the beginning of your posts. Are they from a collection of yours???

Cathy G. said...

Hi Lauren,
Just love all your winnings! "Wilson impression" just got me laughing here!! LOL!! I will think of that every time I see someone now hiding behind her rug! Have a great evening!
Hugs,
Cathy g

Unknown said...

Beautiful gifts, Lauren...A lot of ladies are very talented by the looks of those works. Yes, you are lucky to have hooking time with friends...

moosecraft said...

Enjoy your winnings! They are beauties! Love all the rugs you have shared... The blue's and gold's in Carole's rug look gorgeous!

Beckyjean said...

Lauren~

Glad you like your goodies. Thanks for sharing pics from the hookers get together. I love to see hooked rugs~whether in progresss or finished. Giggled at the "Wilson" comment.

Hugs~Becky

Doris said...

Lauren - love all of the pictures but the witch crow takes the cake! Toooo cute