Sunday, September 19, 2010

In the Spirit of Friends ~

In the Spirit of Friends was held at Malabar Farm in Lucas, Ohio on Saturday. Malabar Farm was built by Pulitzer Prize winning author Louis Bromfield. In 1945, the wedding of Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall took place at the farm. It was a perfect day for the show ~ sunny and pleasantly warm.
Here's a few pieces stitched by Bobbie ~ The Evening Stitcher. By the end of the show there was not too much left in her booth.
That's Bobbie on the left and Sherry ~ From Sherry's Heart, on the right.
Here's a shot of Alice's wonderful wools. If you don't already know Alice, stop and visit her at A Day in the Life.
The pictures do not do these rugs justice. It is the work of Marilyn Willmore. She was one of the artist's chosen to be included in the 2010 Early American Life Magazine's Directory of Traditional American Crafts.

This is Rhonda's booth ~ My Glory Stars. Her work is simply amazing :) I'm not sure if all the items in the first picture were made by her, but I know that she did the work in the next two pictures.


A few really neat hooked rugs. The two rooster rug on the left is a vintage rug.
This woodcarver (whose name I did not get) is also in the 2010 Early American Life directory. His carvings were amazing.

I just loved this little smokehouse!
If fall antique/primitive/craft shows don't end soon, I will be eating cat food BEFORE I retire...lol. My goal is to eat Fancy Feast from a crystal goblet, but if I'm not careful, I'll be feasting on the store brand instead. I'll show you what I bought at a later date.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing those great photos. I hope you bought lots and lots of fun stuff. Fancy Feast -- that cracks me up! Especially since I can relate. :)

The Barn Door said...

Ohhhh.....it's probably a good thing there aren't any craft shows like that around here!!!! I must say, I am jealous!

moosecraft said...

Great pictures Lauren! My eyes are buggin' out of my head this morning!!! LOL! Nice pic of Bobbie and Sherry! I can relate to the cat food thoughts... ther'es just something about beautiful hand made items that makes me forget my rational sense! :-)

Andrea said...

Rats, rats, double rat rats. I so wanted to go to that but forgot all about it. Judging from the pictures, it's a good thing. I think I would for sure be eating eat food. Looks like a great show. Thanks for the links to the sites. I will check them out.

Myglorystars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Myglorystars said...

Great photos Lauren!! The show was awesome and so was the weather, perfect!!!

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for sharing your day in pictures for those of us who weren't able to make it. !! Such inspiration.

the other Jacque

Doris said...

WOW what a wonderful show. I love the wood carver's work - what a talented man that must be. Thanks for sharing and as always love to the pugs!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Lauren, awesome pic's! Thanks for sharing!! All those stitcheries and punch needle pieces have me drooling.. I don't know if I would have been able to behave myself. I'd be in the pet isle right along with ya shopping for dinner lol.
Those Santa's were amazing. I'm a santa fan :)

weaverpat said...

Hi Lauren,
That looks like a wonderful show! Oh my, what great rugs! And all those delightful primitive goodies. Plus the lovely setting.
Ya know, cat food really isn't that bad...my guys love it! hehehe!!!

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Lauren,
Your pictures are great! I missed seeing you there. YUCK!!! Cat food! LOL! I'd go for Ramen noodles!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great pictures, Lauren ~ it was a wonderful show for sure! The setting and the weather made for a great day!!! Thanks for posting a picture of my wool ~ that was very sweet!! Glad you had a good day ~ I hope you don't have to eat catfood for dinner!!! Good for that diet we were talking about, though!!!

Miccosukee said...

Lauren
I am adding to the chorus of those thanking you for pictures of the event. I am like you and would have to have attended with only a certain amount of cash in my back pocket. Otherwise I would have filed up the back of my little SUV.

I liked seeing Alice's booth. I am in love with her marbelized wools and that sheep rug might have had to come home with me.

Peace to you.
Trisha