Friday, September 18, 2009

Got-R-Done

Welcome everyone. Fall is definitely in the air. The nights here on Ohio's north coast are very crisp ~ perfect sleeping weather ~ and the days are pleasantly warm and sunny. Oh, I love it!
I thought I would share a few of my finishes with you. The little pug mat was hooked a few months ago...now it has binding.
I've also been playing catch up with the punch needle pieces I've finished in the past. This is a Lori Brechlin design. I think I punched it back in 2007.
A little bunny I also finished back in 2007. I guess I like that blue background!
Another Lori Brechlin design. For punch needle, this is huge. It's about 7 3/8' x 9 1/2'. This too, was punched a year or two ago.
And finally ~ ~ ~ my cat rug that took me 5 months to hook, though I also hooked the pug rug and a few punch needle pieces while working on this. It is by far my largest rug to date. It measures 21" x 33". The cats are from a Polly Minnick book and the background is my adaptation of the antique cats rug. The colors of the first picture are quite accurate. Now I just have to think about steaming and binding it. YUCK!

As you've probably figured, I enjoy the hooking and punching part, but really don't like the finishing. I am now all caught up finishing my punch needle and hooking projects. That feels good and will hopefully inspire me to get busy finishing the cats. It will have a place of honor in front of my antique corner cupboard. I also started to work on the cat penny rug again. It shouldn't take long to finish if I set my mind to it.
The weekend ahead looks beautiful so please enjoy it. Tomorrow there is a new craft/antique show at Malabar Farm in Ohio ~ a first time show but with high quality vendors. I need to shop quickly because I'm also working the Oberlin Doggie Do for Ohio Pug Rescue. Maybe Marvin will find his forever home.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

7 comments:

The Wool Cupboard said...

Lauren ~ Your punch needle pieces are great. I love Lori Brechlin's designs. I like your pug mat a lot, but I LOVE your cat rug!! It is so prim and will look great in combination with your antiques. I need to get in gear and finish something...:0(

Joanne said...

Wow you've been busy - great patterns especially love the cats! I'm with you on the finishing part but I just grit my teeth and do it!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Lauren, Great Pieces!!! Thanks for sharing and giving us a glimpse at what you have been doing. Now see, I guess I'm different. I enjoy the finishing part. I used to do a lot of cross stitch, and to me the finishing is like doing the backstitching. It brings the piece to life and really finishes it off. So be like Joanne, and just grit your teeth lol. You'll be so happy you finished it. Don't forget to label your rugs!!!

Debra Lloyd said...

Let's see--dogs, bunnies and kitties. Yep, you managed to hit all my favorite things! I also have a finishing problem--perhaps we should start a 12-step program for those of us who just can't quite make it to that final step!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Ladies ~ Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading them :-)
Kathy ~ How funny. When I was a cross stitcher (for MANY years), I hated backstitching!!! And yes, I do label all my rugs ~ I even number them!
Debra ~ Sign me up for your 12-step program. Thanks for the laugh.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

bittersweet said...

Okay better sign me up also, hate the finishing part, and don't like to steam them either, maybe we are just in a hurry to get another rug started. May take more than 12-steps for me, I am that bad.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Lauren ~ I LOVE your cats rug!! You did a great job and it looks really old!!! I know you can get it 'finished' and be ready to move on to the next one!! Nice punch needle too ~ you're busy, woman!!