Thursday, August 13, 2009

Everything you wanted to know about hooking...

...but were afraid to ask!

Stop over at April Deconick's blog, Red Jack Rugs (see my side bar) and check out her virtual classroom. It has SO MUCH information, from the basics to techniques, color, dying, finishing, etc. She's also posted several rug hooking videos. Thank you, April.

She's inspiring many of us to become ten minute hookers ~ just 10 minutes a day and as her motto states, "a little a day, goes a long way".

If any of my readers are near north/north eastern Ohio, stop by the Candlelight Winery in Garretsville this Saturday from 2:00 - 5:00 and enjoy a glass of Pink Pug Wine to benefit Ohio Pug Rescue. All pets are welcome at this event. Go to http://www.ohiopugrescue.com/ for more information.

Tomorrow I'm off to Sauder Village for their rug show. The talent displayed there is unbelievable. I hope to have lots of pictures to share with you. I'm still deciding whether or not to buy a Townsend cutter, but with all the positive response I've gotten to my inquiry, I just may bite the bullet and do it! I'll probably add to my wool addiction, er, I mean collection, too.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Pug hugs :)
Lauren

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Please take LOTS of pictures at Sauder so we can see all the good stuff and pretend like we're there too!