Friday, June 17, 2022

Stuff ~

When Saundra has no hooking progress to show, she has a rug show.  In the summer when I have no hooking progress to show, I post pictures from my yard.  It has been weeks since I have pulled a loop on my camp rug, and next week I will be starting a new rug in my class with Sally Kalin of Pine Island Primitives.  I chose the small version of Love Birds.

The class is being held in Millersburg, OH, and at the beginning of the week they had hellacious storms go through.  The hotel just had power restored today.  One of the hookers who lives in Millersburg said it looks like a war zone.  Power lines and thousands of trees downed.  Many roads are still closed.  I am very thankful the storms veered south and missed me.  The good news is there was no loss of life.

Around the yard ~

The south side of my house.  Every year the flowering crab (which I planted 15+ years ago) begins to lose leaves in June.  A landscaper was supposed to look at it two months ago and finally got around to it last week.  He gave me a tree service to call.  Well . . . too late to do anything this year.  It has apple scab and needs to be treated twice a year to the tune of $145 for each treatment . . . every year.  Sad to say I will be cutting it down and replacing with a more healthy tree.





My gorgeous clematis I show every year.  Dug from my parents farm.  Too bad the color is so washed out 😞


I am trying to take better care of my roses this year.  I can grow most anything, but roses and I aren't friends.


My neighbor sent me this picture the other night.  Thankfully they were not in the neighborhood to eat my hostas . . .  yet.


And finally.  Molly is having more anxiety issues and does not want me out of her sight.  More on that in another post.  She will "nest" in the plants to try to stay cool.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren


7 comments:

Saundra said...

Pretty gardens and once upon a time I had nice ones but can't handle the mulching, bending and pulling weeds etc. so now do what my body allows and the rest goes feral until the next year. But today despite it being 93 degrees I trimmed an overgrown bush, or at least most of it. Will work on the rest tomorrow.

marie said...

Your clematis is beautiful. I only have a shade garden. So far the bunny has eaten my hosta's. The hydranea's are full with larger than ever blooms. One is blue and the other a deep pink planted about 25 ft from each other. The heat is terrible, we got 3 days of 100 predicited for next week. The weeds can grow, all I can do in that heat is water.

acorn hollow said...

Lovely gardens poor Molly I hope she is ok. The deer ruined my hosta last year I have deer off canisters everywhere. I saw my neighbor when I was walking and she said you would not believe what the deer ate this year! Oh yes I would and sorry to say we kicked her out of here so she went to them.
So sad about the storms so glad no loss of life. everything else can be fixed. I love the rug you are going to do. Have a wonderful time.
Cathy

Julia said...

With gardening, it's always one thing or another, isn't it? Sorry about your crabapple tree. You probably can treat it yourself or your DSO, way cheaper. Your plant nursery should have the sprayer and chemicals to spray with.

Your clematis looks gorgeous. The one you transplanted from your parent's garden looks like one of mine that I call Jackmanii. It grows on my old dilapidated shed but hasn't bloomed yet.

Those storms are getting so destructive. I'm glad you were not affected.
I love your new rug pattern and wish you fun with your classes.

Poor little Molly, she looks like she is suffering from the heat. Smart girl to lay in the cool greenery.

Hugs, Julia

TheCrankyCrow said...

I will never, ever, tire of looking at your beautiful yard....I only wish I could do it in person. I drool over that Jackmanii Clematis every time. I think I must have planted at least 5 of them and they would make it but 1 year...perhaps 2. My bi-colored one, however, has been fine....but will never be as stunning. What are bright pinkish-red flowers in the first photo of your yard? And don't say roses or I will call you a liar on the "rose" thing. I don't have much blooming here yet. We had some nasty winds, storms and tornadoes go through on Wednesday...so much damage...and so many beautiful old trees...just a couple miles from here but, thankfully, we did not lose any trees - or power. Poor Miss Molly. Snowdog is the same way about having me in his sight at all times. ~Robin~

Farm Girl said...

Your garden is wonderful. Oh poor Molly. I am so glad you didn't get that storm and I am so glad that you have so many classes so near to you.
Your poor tree. That is so sad.

NMK said...

Your hooking project looks like a beauty !!! Your clematis looks beautiful , mine don't get as full as yours. More crazy weather ....thankfully you didn't have damage from those storms !
So cute to see Molly keeping cool in your hostas !!!