Thursday, May 27, 2021

Another One Bites the Dust ~

{{Oh, my goodness.  Blogger is NOT playing nice today.  I can't upload my pictures in the normal manner, and I see many others are having the same issue . . . and it has been going on for at least 7 hours.  Don'tcha think they could have fixed it by now?  Someone did mention to drag and drop the pictures, and it seems to have worked.  I am so happy I found that suggestion.}}

Another week, that is.  I can't believe it's been a week since I posted.  I try to post at least twice a week, but sometimes life gets in the way.  It seems it has been yard work, more yard work and yet more yard work.  A never ending job.  Plus I am vending at a small hook in June 5th, the first in over a year and a half, so I have been trying to make a few things and organize my chaos.  I hadn't hooked in days, and finally found made time to pull a few loops last evening.  I finished the corners.  I had already been working on the simple border.  I thought I would add a row of teal since I had cut WAY to many strips of teal wool.  After finishing half of it, I don't like it so will be doing a bit of reverse hooking.  The teal wool is an 8.5 and the outer black borders a 9.5, but I am thinking I can get away with just removing the teal and adding an row of black in an 8.5.  



Oh, this old ad had me rolling on the floor.  Be sure to read the text.


And those darn muffleheads?  They were almost gone . . . but another bunch has hatched.  ARGH!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs 😊
Lauren

14 comments:

Saundra said...

GREEN??? It looks blue to me. You gotta be shttn me with that ad. If anyone wants to get on the bandwagon of 'cancel culture' it would be women against the male advertising agencies, or males alone since they wanted to 'put us in our place....in the kitchen'. Me thinks it is time for me to go to bed, lol.

TheCrankyCrow said...

WELLL.... I am going to have to re-evaluate my use of the word "mimsy".... The definition I was always familiar with was "imaginary or make-believe friend." And I have been know to say "I will have to ask my mimsy." 😳 Heavens be. I am mortified. What.did.they.THINK??!!!! Thou art pickier than me Sis....I kinda like the teal band. Face it: You never liked the teal to begin with. ~et~

Prims By The Water said...

Funny ad but guess there was no woke culture back then. Wish I lived back then, so much simpler. I like the teal, but you need to make it what you like best. Good luck vending. Janice

Olde Dame Holly said...

Gosh that's a funny ad, pretty sure it's been PhotoShopped to say hilarious things. I think Kim Novak is still living, in Oregon? I have some coffee coasters that are old ads altered to say hilarious non-pc things...hope your sale goes well, I bet people are itching to buy after the lockdowns.

acorn hollow said...

Ok I like the teal but you have to decide for yourself as you are seeing it in person. Vending at a hook in lucky you!!!!! The ad is so funny lol. I am almost 2 weeks since I posted life has gotten a bit busy again but the gardening is eating up all my down time. Now we are colder that more than 100 years ago for this memorial weekend frost an 1/2 hour north of us yikes! 40 this morning if I put in all this work and we get a freeze I will surly scream!
Cathy

Julia said...

I think your rug looks great and I have nothing against that teal color but if you're not happy with it, you must do what you have to do.

That ad is something else. I don't think it would have been used in an advertisement and must have been either photoshopped or put aside for sure.

I've been meaning to post something on my blog but like you, I've been so busy. It all about gardening anyway. Blogging seems to have lost its luster. It's become a show and tells.

Take care, Hugs
Julia

JustGail said...

I like the teal in the border, but then as it is so often, in person it may look totally different. Besides, your rug, so you get to choose :-) And yes, the gardening - weeding has me about done in already and there's so much left to do. Then repeat. And again. And again....

I too suspect that ad is photoshopped. Or possibly from another country? US ads from that time seem to have been pretty... guarded(?) on their wording. The wording makes me think of England, perhaps. Or Australia.

Farm Girl said...

I love that rug! I think that is the one I am working on and I am stuck with the teal part. I just haven't had the time to dye wool.
Something is going weird with my blog today.
Have a great weekend.

NMK said...

Love your rug , I'm not a teal person , but it does look nice .
Crazy ad !!!
Today I must have had about a dozen comments from some "unknown person " they only comment on the same old post over & over , so annoying ....spam doesn't prevent them . Most are misspelled .
Have a nice Memorial weekend , will be cold & wet here .... have to bundle up !

Unknown said...

Looks very nice!
Getting me motivated...
Newburyarts.
🙂

WoolenSails said...

I like the teal, not sure what you don't like.
I need to organize my hooking things, getting in the mood to make a few things for the house, always inspires me when I see beautiful pieces.

Debbie

Jennie in GA said...

Like everyone else, I don’t mind the teal, but if you don’t, then out with it. It would be the first thing you always see when you look at it. Good luck with getting organized for your vending. I think that the older I get the harder it is to be organized. That gene must be mutating. Have a happy rest of the weekend.

Jacqueline said...

I like the teal. Yay for some much needed sunshine today here in Ohio. Good luck with your vending.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!