Sunday, August 12, 2018

Remember When?


Remember when these dolls were considered "primitive"?  My how things have changed.  This doll was gifted to me at least 30 - 35 years ago (maybe more) by dear friend Wink.  We go back to 1972 :)  We still get together once or twice a year and I am heading to southern Ohio to pay her a visit at the end of the week.  It's a very special friendship, indeed :)

 
Her apron says "Lauren, a stitcher of fine samplers".
 
 
Back in the day, I was primarily a cross stitcher ~ long before my hooking days.  This stairway leads up to my second floor.  All were stitched by me with the exception of one antique sampler.
 
 
Happy Sunday and thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

denise said...

She's cute. I have a couple of black dolls like that that I have had for 30/ 31 years.

NMK said...

Funny ….I have some of those dolls too , I can't part with them . My Mother made a lot of them also & black Mammy's . All of her neat old black dolls are packed in a box , mine are from the 80's too. Love your stairway of cross stitch !!! Looks so pretty !!! A lot of work !!!

The Eveningstitcher said...

Your samplers are beautiful!! And I love that little doll! Have fun visiting your friend!

acorn hollow said...

she is sweet and love the samplers. Enjoy your visit

Cathy

Saundra said...

Primitive dolls now take on a whole different appearance; and yes I do remember those as I made some of them myself back in the day. The wall of samplers is pretty but they look too tedious for me.

Simply Quaint said...

Wow what a beautiful keepsake....and omg those cross stitches I just love....cross stitch is my first love of creating.....then rug Hooking punch needle etc.......
Have a wonderful visit.......
Rhonda

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Cross stitching was my first fibre foray. Unfortunately they were mostly gifted; I have very few. You are lucky to have such a beautiful collection!

WoolenSails said...

That is a precious gift from a friend and I love your sampler wall.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

Yes I do remember when those dollies were considered prim. I made quite a few and sold them at shows. My dad even made wood projects where i painted them on that too! Ah the memories of me and my dad doing shows together. Love your wall of stitcheries! Janice

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your stairway is beautiful. Filled with many long hours of stitching and life along the way !
The personalized embroidery on the dolls apron is special. Enjoy your visit with your friend !
Rose

Karmen said...

Love your wall of samplers!
Karmen