Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Terrible Problem to Have ~



Too many finished rugs :)
 
On vacation I hooked three rugs.  Only the smallest has been bound.  These two need a good steaming and then the binding.  You all know how much I love binding rugs . . . sigh . . . and the majority of you feel the same way.  I was doing a good job keeping up until these.


And then this.  I finished dog and two crows, based on an antique by Magdalena Briner Eby.  One more to add to the binding pile.


More progress has been made on Ned, though I thought I would be further along.  Remember I am hooking this mostly in a 9.5 so it hooks up rather quickly.  As you can see I not only changed the butterfly to a flower in a pot, I am also eliminating the flower under his body.


I hope everyone has exercised their right to vote today.  I believe this is the most important election of our lifetime.  Our great country as we know it may be forever changed and that makes me extremely sad.  May God Bless this great Land that I so love.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

woolwoman said...

yes tomorrow could be a scary day for sure. Ned is coming along - buck up and take your medicine with the binding! Cheers Mel

Jacqueline said...

I have been in a hooking slump of sorts so I enjoy seeing your finishes, or almost finishes. I understand the reluctance to do the binding.

acorn hollow said...

I said a little prayer this morning for this country. You are a hooking machine!
Cathy

Margaret said...

Your rugs are all wonderful!

WoolenSails said...

You have got a lot done, all beautiful.

Debbie

Kim said...

Wow, you've been hooking as much as I've been knitting. Your rugs are more impressive than my tasks. I hope the election results aren't too scary. I'll be watching too

Unknown said...

You are a hooking phenomenon!!
I think I should try a wider cut maybe I could produce a rug faster. Call me sick but I don't mind binding.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lauren, wow!!!! I love all your hooking, wonderful rugs.Blessings Francine.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I wish I could settle down and hook rugs instead of having about 20 other things I like to do and try to stay involved in all of them.
Love your sweet rugs

Farm Girl said...

Thank God for Ohio!!! I have spent way too much time glued to news sites. I feel like I can finally come up to breathe. When I woke up this morning I was so happy, it was what it was today and not what it could have been. ;) I love seeing all of your rugs. I procrastinate about binding but once I get to it, I kind of like it. :) I have enjoyed your comments on Face Book today.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! Yes, the flower is perfect...I love your cat and crows. The colors are the bestest. LOL