Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hooking Hiatus ~

 

I really must put my hook down for a few days and concentrate on finishing some things.  I know it's no fun, but a necessary evil.
 
I need to bind these two little mats . . .
 
  
. . . and put a backing on these hearts.
 
 
These rugs still need binding.  Two have been finished for many months and will remain that way for a while longer.  These are some of the largest rugs I've hooked.  You'd think I'd want to get them done . . . sigh.

 
I also need to get busy on some wool applique.  I am taking a Rebekah Smith workshop and need to do the applique before the class.  Some of us are getting together to work on it Sunday, but it will take longer than an afternoon to complete.
 
Speaking of Rebekah Smith, she is coming out with a book.  If you are not familiar with her work, she does incredible wool applique.  You can pre-order her book on Amazon.  (Sorry for the poor quality pic but I snagged it off Amazon.)
 
 
 Remember my Chicken Challenge rug?


There is an article in the February/March 2015 issue of the ATHA (Association of Traditional Hooking Artists) magazine and my rug is in it :)  A first for me.


Need a good laugh?  This is what your legs look like the day you have sclerotherapy.  Thankfully the cotton balls and tape can be removed after 24 hours and only the compression stockings need to be worn.


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren


14 comments:

Margaret said...

You so need to finish those rugs!! I want to see them! Beautiful work, all of it. Your legs -- ouch! I hope they aren't causing you any pain.

Farm Girl said...

I love your rugs! Aw yes, binding. It is a lot like labor, you just have to go through it. :)
I hope your legs don't hurt. Is that painful? I am going to go track down that book. I realize that I really do love folk art. It is something that makes me happy.
Take care Lauren.

Julia said...

Congratulations on your rug being published. I have
a famous friend. My hooking is getting better now
that I am going in the right direction! What is sclera-
therapy? Looks scary. Julia

acorn hollow said...

So exciting to see your rug in the magazine! You do have to finish some things I have a couple of things to finish. Oh your poor legs
I have not hooked much at all reading to much
Cathy

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Congratulations on being in the magazine! Lucky you to take a class from Rebekah...I am so jealous!!!!
Hope you get those rugs finished :)

WoolenSails said...

I think I need to finish a few myself, some need a few fixes first, then I can bind them. Those stockings do not look comfortable. I have always hated wearing stockings, so I go with long skirts and boots;)

Debbie

Sue Tokash said...

I dislike binding...quilts or rugs...I put it off. Lucky you to be able to take Rebekah's class. I ordered the book already, that's as close as I will get.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lauren, great your in the magazine, congrats... love the little bluebird rug, sweet. Blessings Francine.

Saundra said...

When looking at all your done projects you have been a busy girl. I'm sure it seems like a high mountain to climb with so many projects to finish. The most I've had lined up at a time was 3 and that drove me crazy. Am looking forward to them all done one at a time.

Happy for you and your new and improved legs.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

I love all of your hookings!!!! congrats on your chicken rug that is now famous ;) and love those knees my dear ~ hoping you heal quickly!
L

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love all those chickens! What an honor to have your rug among them! Congrats! Hope your gams are dancing soon!
xo
Robyn

Kim said...

Lauren, your legs.........that looks painful! We should have a contest to see who has more unfinished pieces. Lol. We make a good pair

Larkrise garden girl said...

Lauren congrats on your rug . Your famous😀 all those rugs you have done I am impressed! Hugs and get well , cheri

tree said...

I would love to learn how to do this someday! So pretty!