Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day ~




MOTHER'S DAY QUIPS  (An Oldie but Goodie)


PAUL REVERE'S MOTHER:

"I don't care where you think you have to go, young man. Midnight is past your curfew!"
 

MONA LISA'S MOTHER:

"After all that money your father and I spent on braces, Mona, that's the biggest smile you can give us?"


HUMPTY DUMPTY'S MOTHER:

"Humpty, if I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times not to sit on that wall.

But would you listen to me? Noooo!"


COLUMBUS' MOTHER:

"I don't care what you've discovered, Christopher. You still could have written!"


MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER:

"Mike, can't you paint on walls like other children? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?"


ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S MOTHER:

"Again with the stovepipe hat, Abe? Can't you just wear a baseball cap like the other kids?"


MARY'S MOTHER:

"I'm not upset that your lamb followed you to school, Mary, but I would like to know how he got a better grade than you."


BATMAN'S MOTHER:

"It's a nice car, Bruce, but do you realize how much the insurance is going to be?"


GOLDILOCKS' MOTHER:

"I've got a bill here for a busted chair from the Bear family. You know anything about this, Goldie?"


ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER:

"But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair? Styling gel, mousse, something...?"


JONAH'S MOTHER:

"That's a nice story, but now tell me where you've really been for the last three days."


SUPERMAN'S MOTHER:

"Clark, your father and I have discussed it, and we've decided you can have your own telephone line.

Now will you quit spending so much time in all those phone booths?"


THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER:

"Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!"


Hope your Mother's Day was the best ever.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

9 comments:

Earlene said...

Lauren THIS is cute!!! Love the pug picture too.
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY
Earlene

acorn hollow said...

So cute Happy Mother's Day
cathy

Saundra said...

This was a hilarious post and can't believe you took the time to do the quotes. Happy Mother's Day to you also. I had a great afternoon as my child has gone on to raise his own. Several years ago I told him that....'what goes around comes around' and he has laughed and told me about that many a time.

Happy Mother's Day.

Julia said...

Happy Mother's day Lauren. I enjoyed reading these quotes.
I hope that you had as much fun as me today.
Hugs.
JB

weaverpat said...

LOL!!!
Thanks for the delightful humor!
No matter if you're a mother of human children, a mom to furry kidlets, or just a motherly influence on anyone who needs a caring thought, Happy Mother's Day!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Robyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Robyn

Farm Girl said...

I loved those. They are great. I hope you had a great day too.

Dogwood Farm said...

Your pug photo is so cute!!
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
xo