Wednesday, January 16, 2013

French Creek Ruggers ~


The French Creek Ruggers were the first group I ever hooked with. They made me feel so welcome and still do.  I don't get to hook with them since they only hook during the day, but tonight they had a special event at the library where the public could come see what hooking was all about.  They also had a rug show.  Oh, there was so much talent displayed!  Here is a sampling of the rugs ~ enjoy the show.

Hooked by Carole, this rug was in
Celebrations in 2007.




A Karen Kahle pattern hooked by Deanna.
She added a crocheted edge.

Arlene's Santa.
I LOVE this pattern.



Another magnificent rug by Carole.



Hooked by Karin (eBay seller primitivesprits).
I've done a punch needle version of this rug
but hope to hook it someday.


A wonderful rug hooked by Donna.



Laura's rug is only about 8"x10".  It is hooked in a 3 and 4 cut and the detail is wonderful.  It is a gift for her daughter.

Jean's rug.  It is HUGE!  (Maybe 4' square.)

The colors of these rugs are very washed out :(


Does anyone know of a rug hooking guild that meets in/near Myrtle Beach?  Two hookers from Nova Scotia are heading that way and are looking for a guild to hook with.  Any information you could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Lauren, so many wonderful rugs, love them all......No help though, Lessings Francine.

WoolenSails said...

Lots of wonderful rugs and I do love the ones that Carole did.

Debbie

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Yes, Lauren ~ they are a nice bunch of gals for sure!! They were one of the first groups that came to my home studio! Very talented hookers, they are!!!

Julia said...

Thanks for the rug show Lauren. I'm glad that you met up with this group at the library. You need to retire so you can go hook with them., Great show of rugs.
Hugs
JB

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for sharing the pic's.. this time of year I need some motivation to get me creating again.

Saundra said...

Thanks for bringing the rug show to us, and of course my favorites were the antique adaptations.

Saundra

Farm Girl said...

I think each and every rug is just beautiful. You know I would move east to be close to a hooking guild. :) I bet you had such fun being there. I know when you publish this photos It always motivates me to get hooking. :) Thanks so much.

Janice said...

Mmmm...glorious rugs!

jennifer768 said...

Beautiful rugs! Thanks for sharing them.Hugs,Jen

Kim said...

I'm glad you got to hook up with your old group again. They hook beautiful rugs. I like the small Santa. Each loop looks perfectly placed.

s said...

Lauren,
Thanks for sharing the rugs! Love them all!
I need inspiration as well right now.
I wish I had a hooking group close by.
Sheila

Margie said...

Wow...what an awesome group of rug hookers. Thanks for sharing all their beautiful work !