Thursday, September 20, 2018

Goldenrod Dyeing & More ~


I did some goldenrod dyeing last week.  These are the before wools.
 
 
And these are dyed.  I did have two pots of dye and don't know if the results were different from pot to pot and I'm not sure which wool was in which pot.
 
 
In this picture the wool on top is dyed, the bottom is as it came from the bolt.  There is a little more difference in person.  A subtle difference, but it really was an improvement especially to the wool on the right. 
 

Unexpected gifts can really make your day.  Last week I got together with Lee who wanted a little hooking refresher course after not having hooked in five or so years.  (She did not need it!)  She gifted me with this oh so sweet little pillow and journal.  The cross stitch designs are hers.  She formerly designed as Falling Star Primitives.  She also gifted me with a bag of wool.  I can never say no to wool.  Thanks so much, Lee.  It was so much fun getting together. 


When I posted about the little Altoid tins purchased at Woolkeepers, Carolyn asked if I would like some.  I expected a few, not dozens.  I hope she has stock in the company :)  She also sent me this sweet little legal pad holder.

 
I am a list maker, so this will come in so handy.  Places for your pen and pencil and pockets for sticky notes and business cards.  Thank you Carolyn.  I will use this often.
 
 
Do I really have this many Halloween decorations?  I guess the answer is yes.  I know so many of you are simplifying, purging, making do with less.  I really do envy you, but I guess it is not in my genes.  My dear sweet mom bordered on hoarder, so I guess I come by it justly . . . sigh.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

6 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Are you sure we are not related Lauren? My mom, and her mom are both hoarders...s full of stuff that I need to let GO! Yet I purchase more stuff each season. So liked seeing the differences in the wool. I just drew out a new design that I am going to start hooking on this weekend. Janice

The Eveningstitcher said...

You're too funny! Purge wasn't in m vacab either, until I ran out of space....now I'm a purge-extroidinaire! Of course...I went and ought two more small things today with Earlene for the house....UGH!!!!! Love the wool color...I"m going to have to find me some golden rod!

acorn hollow said...

it is very light but does make a difference. You are always getting wonderful gifts! But then you are wonderful
Cathy

Lee Morrison said...

It was great getting together with you last week, Lauren!! Thanks so much for the "refresher" course! I'm working diligently on my little rug, but I agree with you about hooking letters...probably won't do it again!!! LOL!

Have a great weekend! Hope to see you again soon!

Farm Girl said...

If I had as many cool Halloween decorations I would decorate too. I love looking at them all when you post pictures of them. I love your wool. I need to get back to that. I love dyeing wool just about more than anything I have ever done in my life.
I have been pinning altoid container ideas for weeks. I can't wait to see what you do with them. Have a lovely day. Ben and Megan are in Ohio now. They visited Lehmans yesterday. They liked Ohio. Peter will be there on Sunday. I wish I was there. :)

WoolenSails said...

I like the difference, gives them the prim look without over dying.
I have more of a mix of fall than halloween, so I can keep it out longer.
I do need to make some more thanksgiving pieces though.

Debbie