Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Almost Heaven ~


Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenendoah River -
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin' like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place, I belong
West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads.

I am picking up hooker friend Melissa at 5 AM (that's in the morning ~ UGH) on Friday and we are heading to Susan Feller's Retreat in to the Mountains.  This is our third year attending and it is three days of hooking fun.  Have I started to pack?  No, though I do have a list made.  Do I have to work tomorrow?  Yes.  I'd say my evening tomorrow evening will be busy :)

I do have my pattern picked.  It is found in this book . . .


. . . and is a pattern by Barbara Carroll called "Here a Chick".  It looks like a fun hook and friend Sheila, though not going to West Virginia, will begin hooking it, too.


Since I am terrible at choosing colors of wool, I am taking enough wool to hook 3 or 4 rugs . . . and I probably still won't have the colors I want . . . lol!

I am taking the easy way out and posting this from my desktop but I really need to figure out the iPad thing.  Thank you so much for all your comments.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

12 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It sounds like a fun retreat and a perfect rug to do.

Debbie

Merry Wind Farm said...

What fun, you are off to another hook-in!! Lucky you...have a wonderful time.
Melinda

20 North Ora said...

I am new to your blog and had to laugh at you picking up your "hooker" friend! LOL I love the look of hooked rugs but that is one thing I've never done. The pattern you are going to do looks like it will be really cute! I am your newest follower.

Judy

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Have a great time!! One of these days I hope to go to a rug hooking class!!
Love the pattern you chose and that book looks amazing! I need to check that one out!
Have a safe and fun time!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

acorn hollow said...

you are always off on a great adventure!!! Have fun and I can't wait to see your progress.
Cathy

Cammie said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great hooking time with your friends! I have not been to a rug retreat for along time!! Can't wait to see the rug started!
Cammie

Earlene said...

Have a blast friend!!!!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

Now you have me singing!!! but that's ok, I'm ALWAYS singing something in my head! (love John Denver btw)
Have a safe & F U N trip! want to see lots of snaps of your trip and rug progression too ~ will be waiting!
L

Saundra said...

Dang, forgot about that pattern in that book. Well that is yet another one to go on my list. Can't wait to see what you do on it at Susan's retreat.

Let me know if you get this comment in your personal email as I still haven't figured what wnt wrong

jennifer768 said...

That is a wonderful pattern. Have a safe and wonderful time!Blessings,Jen

Farm Girl said...

Have fun and I hope you get lots of hooking done. Lovely pattern by the way. I wish I could have given you a tip about your Ipad but that is why I don't have one. Just not skilled in the computer department.
I hope it all works out for you. Have a blast!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Ok Lauren, how far did you get on your rug? Love the design! Hugs, Lori