Monday, October 29, 2018

Old Hearts ~


 
Happy Monday to you.  Monday's aren't so bad when you are retired :)  I still give thanks each day that I am home enjoying life.
 
I've finally made some progress on Old Hearts, a pattern by the Old Tattered Flag, started in a class a couple weeks ago with Caroline Twigg of Eagles Nest Woolens.  The background is totally mindless straight line hooking in varying shades of one of my favorite dyed wools, Emma Lou's old putty, found in the Emma Lou Lais/Barbara Carroll dye book. 
 
 
I have not pulled a single loop on my second rug start of the month, a class with Cathy Stephan of Red Barn Rugs, and tomorrow I will be starting yet another rug.  I have a two day class with Kris Miller of Spruce Ridge Studios.  I had her for a teacher in Florida this past January and she is another excellent teacher and so full of stories to entertain us. 
 
Fall has skipped us by this year.  We went from hot (80's) to pretty dang chilly (40's-50's) overnight.  There is very little fall color.  I am still hoping for some Indian summer so I can get a few outside tasks accomplished.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren



10 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Ha!! You are far too busy gadding about to worry with yard work!! You are one busy, productive and happy retiree...and good for you!!!

NMK said...

Love your Heart rug !!!

Saundra said...

Old hearts is looking very nice. I'll have to check out that Old Putty recipe, guess it is in the Barb and Emma Lou long skinny book???

Primitive Stars said...

Happy Monday Lauren! Love the hearts, very sweet design.... we missed Fall too here, from hot to cool, no nice warm Fall days.....enjoy your evening, Francine❤️

acorn hollow said...

Happy Monday I am not thankful for Mondays at this point but my time will come.
Love your rug I hope to dye some wool at some point I have a lot of flat colors.
you are always busy and I am jealous.
Cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Coming along good on those hearts. I have actually began thinking about Valentine's. I always have to be ahead of the Seasons with my crafts for the store. I hate Mondays..so wish I was retired. Janice

marly said...

I'm afraid there won't be any late summer days in the forecast. Been freezing and trying to get things done, but now it's all mud. Jason can't work in the mud and will be closing shop for winter soon. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

WoolenSails said...

Seems the cold wants to stay, was hoping for a warm fall.
Love the color choices on your hearts, gives it a really nice, old look.

Debbie

Julia said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your retirement every day. It's getting really cold and we had snow on Sunday here in Ottawa although it all melted because of the rain. I think winter has gotten his foot in already. I doubt we will have the good old fashion Indian Summer this year. I'm looking forward to my retirement.


Your heart rug is looking beautiful. Have a great week.
Hugs, Julia

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
LOVE your new rug as you know I am a heart lover!!! Great colors, too!!
Our weather here in AZ is just wonderful right now and why so many come to visit this time of year to get away from the cold!! They sure don't stay around though when it is in the triple digits!! lol
Have fun in your upcoming class, you busy woman!!!!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo