Sunday, April 1, 2018

Happy Easter ~


 
 ~ Happy Easter ~
 
I finally started working on some hook pouches that I will take to the hook ins.  Made with antique cutter coverlets, they are lined and blanket stitched.

 
Hook pouch made from a piece of old paisley.  This one is machine and hand stitched.  The background wool was from my dye pot yesterday.  I normally don't dye over solid wool, but many years ago bought yardage of white Dorr wool.  I didn't stir much, so it came out quite mottled.


My arrow is finished :)  I really don't like hooking letters.  I think I hooked "in" three times.  First the spacing was wrong, then I just kept hooking the letters too big. 


The back went on a little easier than I anticipated.  I'm happy this project is done.

 
Little label.  I am not good at labeling my rugs, but am trying to do better.  I have a number of rugs hooked by others and have no idea who hooked them.


Easter blessings to all.  I hope your day is everything you hoped for ~ and more.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

6 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Great pouches! Love the idea of re-purposing old items to make something new that can be used. Your latest rug looks nice. I have not tried letters yet...some day. Happy Easter! Janice

Saundra said...

Your pouches are wonderful, so is your Hook In arrow.

Julia said...

HAPPY EASTER Lauren. I hope that you had a great day.
Your little pouches are lovely , especially the paisley, it's my favorite. Your arrow really points the way to the HOOK In... A beautiful piece.
I love that mottled wool too. It turned out beautifully.
Hugs, Julia

moosecraft said...

Lots of goodies in this post! Love those hook pouches and that wool is gorgeous! Happy Easter!

Joanna Turchin said...

Your pouches are wonderful!

Margaret said...

Those pouches are beautiful! By cutter coverlets, I assume you mean that they are in bad shape and so good for cutting up? I've never known what that term means. Love the rug finish too. Very interesting that you don't like hooking letters. Hope you had a good Easter.