Saturday, March 10, 2018

Finally a Finish ~



At last a finish to share :)  The Rejoice Sampler by Words of Praise.  Started at least 25 years ago, it is finally stitched.  I do think I will give it a light staining to tone it down a bit and then it will join the growing pile of cross stitch that is not truly "finished".  

 
Another sampler by the same company stitched in 1988, back in the heyday of my cross stitching.

 
It's hard to get a picture of the two girls together.  That's Enchilada at the top and Ernestine below.  Ernestine, who I always called the perfect pug,  has decided she hates Enchilada so they often have to be separated.  Poor Enchilada.  She is just the sweetest thing.  We are still working on a few potty issues . . . sigh . . . but she is a special furbaby.

 
How could you not fall in love with this face?
 

Happy Saturday. 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

11 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Your stitched pieces are lovely and you did a wonderful job on your latest one....even though it took a bit longer to get it done!!
So sad to hear about Ernestine and her dislike of Enchilada!! Hope that changes,as well as the potty issues!!
Hope you have a good weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Julia said...

Your cross stitch is so lovely. I just love it... Will you get it professionally framed? I think it would be worth it. I had one of my cross stitch framed and it cost me $150. but he did a great job.

So sorry that Ernestine seems jealous of poor Enchilada. They seemed so good together at the beginning.

Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

I never had the inclination to do cross stitch for some reason. Years ago I did crewel work and other stitchery but not cross stitch.

Saundra said...

Oh, forgot to mention your work is wonderful.

Three Sheep Studio said...

I’ll bet you are very happy to have this piece complete.
It seems we all had a heyday in 1988, with cross stitch.
Rose

acorn hollow said...

you are busy for sure. You are a good pug mom.
cathy

marly said...

Didn't realize you cross stitched samplers. Really nice Lauren. I'm impressed that you finished this after such a long time!

denise said...

:)

Jennie in GA said...

Good for you, going back and finishing this really nice Sampler. I worked on one right after I retired, but set it aside again. This almost makes me want to pull it out again. That cute little Enchilada makes me want to come to Ohio and bring her home to Georgia;-)

Margs Primitive Quilts said...

Beautiful stitcheries Lauren! Pups are adorable! Both yours? Happy Sunday! Hugs Marg 😊

Prims By The Water said...

Poor Enchilada...love your cross stitch. Doesn't feel good to finally finish a project. I am starting to try and finish my WIP'S. Janice