Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Perfect Day ~

 
Yesterday the weather was just perfect.  An absolutely wonderful day to spend hooking on the shores of Lake Erie.  A hook in was held at the Catawba Island Club.  A first class hook in hosted by hooker Rita Thomas.  Thanks Rita for a little piece of hooker's heaven :)






Here's a fun finish to my chicken rug.  I turned the linen forward as if I was going to whip it with wool yarn or wool strips.
 
 
I then tore a piece of wool to cover the linen that was showing.  The piece was twice as wide as the exposed linen so that it would cover the front and back.
 
I then whipped it with cotton string (?) purchased from Cee Rafuse, Early Style Penny Rugs.  I'm not sure how durable the rug would be if placed in a high traffic area on the floor, but I do like the finished look and I got many questions at the hook in on how I did it. 
 
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
 
 

20 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful place to hook, looks like a nice turnout. I also love your rug and how you did the binding, nice finish.

Debbie

marly said...

That rug is so very nice and I do like the edging. What a beautiful spot to create or just sit and watch the waves.

Carmen Sutton said...

Wow a beautiful day and place to create. Love the edge finishing adds so much to your lovely rug.

denise said...

that turned out cute!

acorn hollow said...

I love the new way to finish!Looks like you had a lovely time
Cathy

Three Sheep Studio said...

This is just beautiful, Lauren.
Looks like a fabulous day !
Thanks for those great pics.
Rose

Julia said...

Oh the beautiful hooking haven by the water. The atmosphere looks perfect...
I love your cute chicken rug. I never saw this type of finish before. Thanks for showing us how you dod it.
Hugs, Julia

Julia said...

Oh I mean how to do it. grr, those typos are driving me nuts..
Julia.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

beautiful finish!!!! love it ~ and you!
L

old crow said...

Hi Lauren, what a beautiful setting to hook! I absolutely love your chicken rug!! I really like your finish!
Pug hugs,
Mona

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Yes, it certainly does look like the Perfect Day AND the Perfect Place!! Love your new rug and the finish is just wonderful!!! Great idea!!!
Enjoy your week!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

NMK said...

Love the edge ...looks really neat !!! What a beautiful place for the hook-in too !!!

Jennie in GA said...

Great finish.....I've never seen that before. And what a great hooking location! You are having too much fun.

Farm Girl said...

Its perfect for that chicken rug. What a great finish. I have never seen anything like that before. How nice you had a perfect day. The sky is beautiful. I love that rug too.

village folk art said...

What a wonderful day with a setting by Lake Erie...How perfect is that? Your chicken rug is beautiful and I am loving the finish on the binding. Great job!
Have a perfect week...
Peace for all, Barb

Jacqueline said...

Love, love,love your chicken rug.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous place for a hook-in! I can just smell the water. Love the binding on the chicken rug. Lori

Margaret said...

What a beautiful place to have a hook in! And your rug finish! Love it! And love how you finished it off too! Very clever!

Jo said...

Nothing better than hooking outside & by the water! Love your rug finish on Lancaster Barnyard. Such a prim look! I've done that finish with cotton, I'll have to try it with a strip of wool.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful finish to a gorgeous rug! What a great outdoor hooking spot...i think I'd be out there every evening! :-)