Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Goodbye March ~


  
I won't be sorry to see you go.  You came in like a lion and are not going out like a lamb.  36* at the moment, but a cold, damp 36*.
 
I'm almost finished with the pug rug I am donating to Ohio Pug Rescue to raffle off.  The binding is done.  It just needs a label and I'm also going to make a little dog tag stamped OPR.  The finished size is 16 3/4" x 21 1/2".  Tickets are $1 ea or 6 for $5.  Email me if you'd like to purchase tickets by check.  I don't yet have the information for purchasing via PayPal but I will let you know as soon as I do.  I will also be hooking a little paw print mat that will also be raffled.  Many thanks to Louise Tietjen for sharing her pattern with me.


Close up of the wonderful chunky yarn from Ali Strebel.


Mr. Britches is also done except for his label.  This was bound with 100% wool purchased at Joanne's using two strands.


I love the antique bone (?) buttons.


This fun pillow arrived in yesterday's mail from my niece.  I think she enjoys telling everyone her auntie is a hooker.  Thanks Elise :)


Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh I love both of your pieces. I almost finished my piece and I get it home and hate it so I have put it away until after easter. love your pillow I bet your niece could sell lots of them on your blog.
Cathy

Kim said...

Your loops are so perfect. All the time. Great pillow ;)

Julia said...

You did so GOOD! Love the rug. I will send you
my check for my tickets. Mr. Britches is darling.
I'm getting ready to start on my next piece but I
hope to get my new hook first. Julia

Jacqueline said...

Love both of your finishes.

Farm Girl said...

You know, my kids do and say the same thing. They just laugh and laugh. Every time. :)
I love that rug so much, Send me your snail mail address and I will mail you a check. :)
I hope it warms up some and you get green grass soon too.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Great finishes on both rugs! Hope you raise lots of money for the pooches! Fun, fun pillow!
Robyn

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

That Mr. Britches is a cutie! I don't know
Thing One about rug hooking but you certainly have a talent for it.

Trace4J said...

Hehehe love your silly niece.
Love your wonderful rugs too,
Great colors and I lve the buttons too,
Woolie Hugs

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Wonderful finishes! Love the buttons too.

Julia said...

Lauren, I'm sure your pug rug will bring a good bundle of money for the cause. It's so generous of you. Good job on both rugs. Love the bone buttons. They look perfect on Mr Britches.

Love, love the pillow. Your niece has a great sense of humour.

Happy April, and don't let anyone fool you.
Hugs,
JB

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lauren, love the Pug Rug, really beautiful.. I love the bunny too with the old buttons sewn on. Blessings Francine.

Margaret said...

Both are wonderful! I love the binding with the colorful yarn.

Raymond Homestead said...

Great rugs! The buttons add that special touch!