Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Litle Progress ~


Very little.  The pattern is only about 10 1/2" x 17" so I expected to have more done by now.  As always, just not enough hours in the day . . . sigh.  The pattern looks a little wonky because I had it draped on the back of the couch.


I was happy to find a piece of this wool big enough to do the background.  I'm hoping I can find more to buy.  It hooks like butter :)


Several of you have commented about the colors in the little penny mat.  ALL the wool was dyed using the same dye formula from the Emma Lou Lais/Barbara Carroll book, #85 Emma Lou's putty/old.  Sometimes I vary the amount of dye used to get a little more variation.  I haven't dyed much, but it is my favorite formula so far.

Here is some blah brown wool that I threw in the dye pot.  It made the brown a little richer and slightly mottled.  Much better :) 


Pennies are ready to be stitched in to little mats on the drive to Chicago.


I haven't even started to pack and we are leaving bright and early in the morning so I'd best get off this dang machine and get packin'.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

WoolenSails said...

The rug is wonderful, I really need to make some small pieces, haven't hooked in ages.

Debbie

denise said...

Have fun!

acorn hollow said...

Safe travels and have a great time! You have been very productive this summer
Cathy

The Eveningstitcher said...

Have fun in Chicago...and have fun stitching those pennies!! Love that putty color!

Saundra said...

Like your pumpkin a lot and maybe I'll hook that sometime. I loved what someone else did hooking OCT 31 in the triangles.

Hope you need Brinks to take your money to the bank.

Farm Girl said...

Lovely wool and pattern. Have a lovely day today. I just love that dye book. Such amazing colors happen every single time I use it. Be safe.

Julia said...

Wishing you a great time on this trip too. I love your little penny mats and they look like a pleasant project while traveling. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Julia

Gayle said...

That wool is SO pretty hooked in the background! I rarely use large plaids like that, but I can see I need to change my ways!

Patti said...

Love how different the pennies look on the different backgrounds! Love your hooked piece as well :) Have fun this weekend!
Blessings, Patti

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Love your new rug and the plaid wool looks wonderful!! Hope you can get more!! Your little penny mats are so sweet and are making me want to get out my pennies and "play"! I have so many projects going now though, so guess I better just stick to the plan and play later!! Hope you have a safe and fun trip!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Jacqueline said...

Have a great and safe trip.

Love the rug you are hooking.

TheCrankyCrow said...

WOOO HOOO!!! It's near on PUNKIN' Season!! And I adore your new project!! What a fun background! Your lil' penny mats are precious...I don't have the patience for those... But you got me thinking that I picked up wool and stuff for a few Halloween projects last year...Gee....I wonder what happened to it?? Well see what happens when I don't visit in ages? You go and get me thinking.... ;o) Safe travels GT...I have missed you. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Jennie in GA said...

I don't dye much, but love the results with Putty. Will have to mark that one just in case. Very soft and soothing. That gold plaid is one of my faves, and perfect for that punkin mat. Hope you and GS have fun!

Kim said...

Happy witching and safe travels my friend

Raymond Homestead said...

Have a great time Lauren!

moosecraft said...

You've made so much more progress on your rug than I did on mine! lol! Enjoy your travels!