Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This 'n That ~ ~ ~

A big THANK YOU to all of you who left a comment or said a little prayer for my Mom. Thankfully she's still in the hospital where she can get the care she needs (though sometimes I wonder how much care she really is getting). I'm hoping they will put her in inpatient rehab to help her get some strength back. Yesterday two people were not able to get her to stand and today they were talking about sending her home! The social worker was supposed to get back with me, but guess what? The only information I got was from questions I asked her nurse this evening and that was sketchy information at best. I don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing. Keep those prayers coming.
Tonight was hooking night with the gals at the library but between work and the hospital I did not have time for the 35 minute drive. Maybe next time {sigh}. I finally have been working on the Christmas present and hopefully I can finish it in the near future and show it to you once it has reached its destination.
Thankfully, taking down the Christmas decorations goes much faster than putting them up, but once again I am knee deep in boxes. I love Christmas and all the trimmings, but once the new year begins, I want my house back in order. Hopefully by this weekend I can breathe that sigh of relief when it is all done.
I'll leave you with a few more Christmas pics.
Pug decorations from dear friend Belinda ~
Another of my plastic light up Santas. I love this little guy :)
My sled I showed you in an earlier post. I wasn't too sure what to do with it. The red, green and white piece is a couple yards of fabric I bought years ago. I put it in walnut dye and it just came out dingy. I think I need to stain it again and sew the edges. I was lazy and just turned them under.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Lauren,
Continued prayers for your Mom - And for you too! Patient care certainly needs an overhaul. They often seem more concerned with paper work than the actual patient.
Hang in there

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Sorry about your mom ~ hang in there!!! Patient care is scary, isn't it? Take care ~

Joanne said...

Yes Lauren - continuted prayers for your Mom and you! Oh that's funny - I have an xmas tree skirt my Mom made probably 30-40 years ago in bright red/green/white like your piece of fabric - I too did the walnut bath and nothing! guess it doesn't take to those cottons well - Was thinking of getting some rit tan and dilute it but not sure! Gonna keep it out of Xmas boxes until something comes to me!