Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Finis ~


Rebecca Hall is a little reproduction sampler from Pineberry Lane.  Measuring about 6" x 6", it took me way too long to stitch.  I tried to stitch a little each day and it took me 6 weeks.  I will add it to my stack of other cross stitch pieces that I've done nothing with.  


The Crooked River Rug Hookers, an ATHA guild, will be having its 2nd annual Hooktoberfest this October.  This year's theme is Happy Fall, Y'all and members have been asked to hook little mats for door prizes.  I hooked the little crow last year and it was just sitting in the closet.  The pumpkin was started a couple weeks ago at rug camp while I was waiting my turn with the teacher.  Even though not really "fall", and I'm not sure what to call it, the larger mat was fun to hook and hopefully will be appreciated by the winner.


Springtime in Ohio is arriving slowly.  My daffodils this year have been spectacular.  More flowers than I have ever had.  I still have not begun the flower bed cleanup.  Hopefully soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

10 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I am sure who ever gets your mats will love them.
Love your sampler I have purchased some things to stitch in the past few years and never started it. Hopefully at some point.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Luv, luv, luv that larger hooked mat. All are nice but that one would be my first choice. I don't have patience for stitchery and would rather spend my time hooking. Must admit tho, that is something which is smaller to carry and work on in a doctor's office.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Sweet little sampler! Lately, it's been my "thing". Your mats are all great...that pinwheel is so colorful!
Robyn

Julia said...

Your little mats are all so cute, especially that little crow.
The daffodils in the back of the house by the upper deck are blooming but the rest are all still under flood water. I'm getting sick of all this flooding.
Hugs, Julia

Jacqueline said...

Your mats, all of them, are darling. Very generous of you to donate 3.

Farm Girl said...

I love your mats! I really love seeing your hooking. I love your counted cross stitch. So pretty.
I am glad you are having spring.
Have a lovely day.

woolwoman said...

Love the little sampler - who cares how long it took - it's adorable ! As you already know about me - I never worry about how long something takes - it's the journey I remember. love the mats too! BTW - it's 85 degrees - the only good thing is we don't have the hateful humidity yet. Mel

Jo Ann said...

Lauren,

Congrats on the cross stitch finish ~ looks great. Maybe we need to have a "finishing" day, I have stacks of pieces that need finished. JO Ann

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oooo, love the sampler....I think I may have that pattern somewhere in my stash??? And remind me never to tell how long it takes me to complete my projects....Yikes, I would be put to shame. I adore all three of your little mats.... Really? You hooked the little pumpkin while waiting your turn with the teacher???? Yikes.... I am not sure if that tells me you are a blazing fast hooker (note to self: see the first part of my comment about not saying how long it takes me to complete projects)...or that I shouldn’t go to rug camps because I don’t think I’d have the patience to wait that long LOL. My daffodils just started poking through...just in time for the weekend snow storm headed our way. SOOOO over it already! ~Robin~

Margaret said...

Your stitched finish is beautiful! Love all the little mats! What great door prizes!