Thursday, July 19, 2018

Little Mats ~

 
Ohio's Buckeye Rug Hooking Guild is collecting non seasonal mug rugs to be donated to a facility in Dublin, Ohio.  This project is all about sharing our love of rug hooking and sharing kindness with others.  I drew up a couple simple designs on a small piece of linen.  I decided to add a wool backing rather than binding them since they will be used as mug mats.  The little tulip is about 5" x 5 1/4" and the bird is 4 1/2" x 6 1/4".  These had to be hooked in an 8 cut which I now consider a fine cut . . . lol.  Hopefully I will finish the bird this evening.
 

I pin.  I baste.  And I still sew the labels on crooked :)

 
I didn't want to waste the remaining linen or have to add on to it to fit on the rug frame, so I drew a little 3 penny rug to hook with a few leftover worms.  It measures 5 3/4" x 13 1/4".
 
 
Now that all my hooking "obligations" are finished (challenge rug, Christmas in July and mug mats), I need to get busy hooking a gift.  I have chosen Maple Sugar Hearts, from the book American Folk Art Rug Hooking by Barbara Carroll. 
 
 
That's it folks.  Nothing fun or exciting to write about.  All work (well, almost) and no play makes Lauren a dull, dull hooker.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Good afternoon lauren, oh my words I love them....the penny mat is awesome too......you’re a quick hooker 🤪🤪 love them

Blessings
Rhonda

marly said...

That tulip is so sweet and the perfect color to hide coffee/coke spills! Little birdie is also adorable and would look sweet in a tiny frame too. Love that penny mat, great idea for your extra worms. Dull? You're always going somewhere to do something, vacations, retreats, or finding something fabulous!!

Julia said...

You certainly are NOT a dull person, Lauren. I would fit the dull person description more with my nose to the grindstone all the time and no play at all... maybe a little wine to wind down...lol.
I love your cute little mats but holy cow, you consider #8 cut a fine cut? I consider a # 8 cut, a wide cut and I don't know how you get those points so pointy, really.

Wow, already hooking Christmas gifts. You are amazing. Too hot to think about Christmas now but maybe I should.
Have a great weekend. July is melting fast.
Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

I'm with you on feeling the #8 is a narrow cut. Both mug mats are cute ~ I have that same Barb pattern book which needs to be looked thru again. But first..... finish the Cape May Sheep and the Star rug.

Prims By The Water said...

Sweet rug mug mats Lauren! I love the designs you made. Cannot wait to see your progress on your heart project. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Those mats are wonderful and so nice to be able to help out a good cause.

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

They are very sweet and a nice cause.
I haven't hooked much to hot.
Cathy

Jacqueline said...

You have been productive. Wish I could say the same. Your work is always happy looking. Thanks for sharing. And you are not dull!

Kimberly said...

Wonderful! Not dull at all. Happy hooking

NMK said...

Love your little matts and the rug with all the hearts will be beautiful !!!!

elaine allerton said...

Your mug mats are sweet!love hooking them but finishing I dont like much!
Yours look so neat!!
Nice finishes,,,
Sweet scrappy , too,,,
Thanks for sharing,,

moosecraft said...

Those little mug mats are so cute!

Margaret said...

First off, love Betty and the wagon! I love your mini rugs too! The circle one is my favorite!