Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Around the Yard ~


I love my gardens in the spring.  They are lush and green with so many things blooming, but don't get too close.  They look great from afar, but up close they are a bit wild.  I have so many invasive perennials taking over.  We leave for California in eight days and I am desperately trying to get yard work caught up before departing so I don't come home to a jungle.  I'm about half done with the edging, one of my least favorite garden tasks.  Too bad it's not once and done.  I find it hard to keep up with it.

 
Poppies are one of my favorites.  Pretty now but when they are done blooming the foliage dies back and are very scrappy looking.  The seed pods left behind do add some interest to the garden.  This is a very invasive variety.

 
The start of this wisteria came from my parents' farm many years ago.  Beautiful, but also a very invasive variety.  Shoots come up all over the garden and in the grass.






While I was dragging my feet hooking the bear on my Crooked River challenge rug, I needed to pull a few loops so grabbed the first pattern I found and transferred it to linen.  Just a little 8" x 10" mat that is not as pinky looking in person.

 
Off to the doctor today for a Medicare "wellness" visit.  I have had this pain in my arm for months, but have been told I cannot discuss such an issue, that the key word is "well".  What the heck?  If he could diagnose my pain, wouldn't I be more "well" . . . lol?
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

13 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Lauren, what do you mean, " You cannot discuss it?" With your doctor? What the heck? That is alarming. Now that Medicare is coming up too fast in my future, I just am so curious about it. Wow, you are coming to California? How nice. Your garden looks so pretty and I love your flowers. Your mat is very nice. Its always nice to see what you are working on. Have a wonderful day, I need to work in my jungle too.

Jacqueline said...

Your flowers and your mat are all lovely. I hope you have a great time in California. Keep us posted on your adventures

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Your garden is always a treat to the eyes! I envy your green thumb!! Such a sweet little mat, too! I finally hooked a rug and it felt SO GOOD after all those months of being unable to!! Hope you have a wonderful time in CA and also that your Dr. visit goes well!!
Enjoy your week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie xo

Julia said...

I love the Wisteria, and always wished I could grow one but I think it gets too cold here in our area. I didn't know they were invasive.

I once planted a bugle weed plant and it invaded my lawn. So now I try to stay away from invasive plants.

Your flowers are pretty and I love that little welcome sign. A nice touch...

My gardens are blooming but everything is such a mess that needs to be cleaned up. I'll have some pictures soon.

I love your little rug. My hook has been idle lately.

My little break is over and I must get back to work at cleaning up.
Have a great trip. Hugs, Julia

Saundra said...

I've also done the 'quick draw' when I desperately needed to pull loops. Those small ones are usually just what 'the doctor ordered'....pun intended.

acorn hollow said...

I have that wisteria and yes it is very invasive!! I would start by talking about your arm! they just want another appointment out of you that is all.
have fun in California!
cathy

marly said...

Love Wisteria. Your flowers look good! That wellness visit (mine anyway) is an informative meeting to tell you all the things you already know and ask you questions. Medicare was charged for the wellness visit, and I still had a co-pay because I was also charged an office visit because she checked my bloodwork. I couldn't believe it! But anything other than the scripted wellness information, they can charge separately as an office visit.

Prims By The Water said...

Pretty flowers! Have fun in California!!! Janice

WoolenSails said...

Your gardens look wonderful and I like the pink in the rug, makes the crow pop and something different. I hope they look at your arm, makes no sense. I have had a problem with mine since I crashed into a door frame, and getting worse the past year, so I know I have to have it looked at.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Love those wisteria and bleeding heart! The colors of Spring are so vivid! Happiness! :-) I don't understand the wellness visit neither...must be for the money...or they would offer a chat at a coffee shop...lol!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful gardens. I don't understand "Wellness" rrr! I wish you better health & a great time

woolwoman said...

well how silly you can't ask your dr. about your arm. I sure would ! Hope you get a good report. Love your garden photos - just beautiful - Mel

village folk art said...

LOVE your Wisteria and I can grow it here in the desert. The Garden sign is perfect as are all the the othe wonderful flowers. Welcome to sunny California, but you already know that.
It may soon be Mexifornia or something like that, UGH. Looks like we will stay to be with family. Love the hooked crow, so cute.
Keep well my friend - and have a safe trip, Barb