Sunday, March 18, 2018

Miscellaneous Sunday Stuff ~


 
Today we hit the 50* mark so decided to take Ernestine for a walk to Lake Erie.  (I live just 2 blocks away.)  The wind coming off the lake was quite chilly, but it felt good to walk outside.  I was quite surprised to see the trees near the shore covered in ice.  I bet some of the ice was 15' above the water.  The winds coming off the lake can be ferocious.  I've heard of homes on the lake being covered in ice with a fish or two frozen to the house.


 
My first daffodil of the year :)  A favorite flower of mine.  I don't seem to have many buds this year.


After finishing DSO's scrappy rug, did not have anything ready for the frame.  I have a small mat to hook for our guild's hook in, one to hook for another guild's challenge and then a small one to hook for Christmas in July but nothing is quite ready to work on.  I needed something  to hook so found a small piece of linen that was zigzagged and drew up a little scrappy mat to work on.  Decided to round the corners and am changing the lines as I work around.  It's only about 12" square.

 
I haven't heard from Enchilada's new mom and dad.  I'm hoping no news is good news.  Here's a couple pictures of sweet Ernestine.  I know she's doing a happy dance since Enchilada is no longer around.
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

14 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Those pictures really captured the ice, looks neat! What a cute puppy face! <3

Mugwump Woolies said...

Sweet little pup...what a face! I just bought a large Gerber Daisy, hydrangea and lavender for my door garden. The flowers at the garden center were glorious, as was the weather. But, just as you get tired of the cold, soon enough, we will be tired of the heat. But spring in the south is my favorite. We might not have much in the way of fall, but spring is divine! Love the scrappy project!
Have a good week,
Robyn

marly said...

Two blocks from the lake? How nice. Hope the wind isn't strong enough to fish slap your house.

Julia said...

It looks cold on that lake. The daffodil looks really beautiful, too bad there isn't many buds yet but it's still early.
Your little scrappy rug is beautiful. Ernestine looks like she's the boss again, doing the happy dance, no doubt.
Enjoy your Spring week.
Hugs, Julia

Farm Girl said...

I love that face! Your rug is great.
I think that its nice you have a warm day. :) I have only one daff too.
I hope you have a really great week.

acorn hollow said...

we are still so cold I tried to walk but no luck.
cathy

Jacqueline said...

I am 45 minutes south of you and my daffodils aren't even thru the ground yet.

Love the scrappy mat.

Margaret said...

50 degrees -- heaven! Love your little rug project. I'm sure Ernestine is happy to have the house to herself! She's so cute!

Danice G said...

'Love the rug and decor. Cute doggie photos also.Pugs are so adorable.

WoolenSails said...

The ice on the lakeside looks beautiful. Ours melts the minute the temps go up. Love that design, would make nice chair pads.

Debbie

Prims By The Water said...

We have some ice floating down the river again. Love your chick postcard. Made me smile! Janice

Three Sheep Studio said...

Lucky you to live so close to Lake Erie. Ernestine has the house to herself now. One happy pup !
Your scrappy mat is very fun. Maybe a chair pad ?
Rose

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
So happy you finally got to 50 degrees!! That ice is just amazing and so pretty in the sunshine! Ernestine is a little doll and has such an adorable face!! Your little mat is a fun piece, too!! Believe it or not, we are supposed to reach 91 on Friday!!! Not ready for that yet!!!!!
Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Elderberry Marsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.