Friday, February 16, 2018

Two More Finishes ~


Greetings, friends.  Another Friday, but I am one of the lucky ones where every day can be my Friday if I so choose :)
 
I have a couple more finishes to share with you.  I completed my Rebekah L. Smith project from a class that I had taken with her.  I was determined to assemble the pouch/pocket, but I found it a real bear to do, but I DID IT!  Not sure I'm wild about the handle (I think it needs to be darker), but knowing me, I'll learn to like it :)

 
I'm not sure why the sides are even but the bottom is so crooked.  I used her template, so what happened?  Oh, well, I can just say it's the charm of being handmade, right? 

 
Several years ago I started this pattern by Jenny Hoffman, Country Rustic Primitives.  I was so close to finishing it when I set it aside.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe because I did not like the linen I was working it on (liked the look but not the feel of it).  Maybe because I made a slight counting error (I won't tell if you won't).  Or maybe my hook was screaming my name.

 
I found it in the cupboard, so decided to pick up my needle and complete it.  Now it can join a number of other cross stitch pieces that are just sitting in a box in the closet while I figure out what to do with them.
 
 
Yesterday was a springlike day here in northern Ohio.  It felt so good and while walking around the yard saw that my snowdrops have peeked through the ground and have buds on them.  AAAHHHH.  The promise of spring.  Today's about 30* colder.  Welcome to Ohio :)
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

NMK said...

Love your pocket !!! The colors are so pretty, didn't even notice it was crooked til you mentioned it ! Your sampler is pretty too....I have a few sitting in a drawer too , waiting to be framed ....funny how we do that !

Jacqueline said...

Your pocket is beautiful and congrats on finishing two projects. I am working on a quilt , an embroidered quilt panel and a new rug. Need some finishes so I can start more new projects. And yep our temps dropped like a rock today.

marly said...

Fabulous pouch! Love love the colors and your stitching is very well done. May have been a bear but what a honey reward.

Saundra said...

Your pocket is gorgeous. Maybe you can darken up your strap with dabbing it with coffee or tea. Another wonderful finish.

acorn hollow said...

Go Lauren Go!!!! you are so productive and it always feels so good to finish a project.
Cathy

Julia said...

You little pouch is so adorable. It's really beautiful. Maybe you can dye or stain the handle.

You are very lucky that your snowdrops are peeking out of the ground. A sure sign of spring.

It's been spring like here too but still lots of snow to melt. I really think we are going to have an early spring.
Hugs, Julia

Prims By The Water said...

Me love that sampler you did. Its seems you and I are the same. I have projects galore stored everywhere. I need to start finishing some. Hope you have a great weekend. Janice

WoolenSails said...

Both are beautiful finishes, love the idea of making a little bag for Nick, to collect beach stones and things he finds.

Debbie

denise said...

I love your pouch!

Margaret said...

Love your finishes. Both are lovely! I hear you on the weather. Very warm the past few days, tonight 4 to 7 inches of snow. Sigh.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Your two pieces are just wonderful and I love the little "imperfections" as they make each piece just perfect!!! If you want the handle darker, just mix up a bit of coffee stain and brush it on and let it dry! So nice you found some flowers getting ready to bloom!! We are actually getting cooler again here and I am enjoying it! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Farm Girl said...

I love your finishes. I do love that counted cross stitch. Your bag is lovely. I would never notice a single thing you said about your work. I know where the mistakes are in mine of course, but no one else ever does. I was just thinking of this today. Wabi sabi, I love it:
In traditional Japanese aesthetics, Wabi-sabi (侘寂) is a world view centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete". So that is how I see my work. Don't you love it?

Patti said...

I sooo love your Rebekah pouch! Absolutely lovely!
Blessings, Patti

Dirty Martini Queen said...

I love your Rebekah pouch and need to work on the one I started earlier this month during an auction. I have so many WIP right now but new things keep catching my eye and diverting my attention like your wonderful wool stash I see behind the pouch.

Three Sheep Studio said...

Love the wooly good pocket you made !
Nice colors.
Rose

susan hemann said...

I love the bag you made! so sweet