Friday, September 22, 2017

Whew!


Another week has flown by.  Summer has ended (boo hoo) and fall has begun.  This week we are having the weather we should have had in August.  I'd love fall if spring came after it :)
 
My house still isn't totally done.  The siding guy probably has about 10 minutes worth of work left to do.  Now I need to stop dragging my feet and get busy.  I need to paint around the front door (decorative trim that I did not want sided), paint the front door and get a new storm door.  Plus look for new light fixtures and a mailbox.  I am vending at Hooked in the Valley in Wooster, OH in a few weeks so have been trying to get things made for that.  It is supposed to be more than just a hook in, so I am trying to get some finished goods made.  I have been concentrating on little hooked pieces.  Here are the sunflowers almost done.  I just need to add the old bed spring. 
 
FRONT
 
BACK
 
Pumpkins hooked with hand torn strips that need their "Betsy style" patchwork backs put on.  I wasn't thinking when I drew out the small pumpkin on the bottom.  I did not leave enough room to hook a border around it, so I will need to just add a wool back to it.
 

Pumpkin mats.  I still need to add a couple rows to make this a rectangle.
 
 
I like the beaded edge on the first little pumpkin but I sure don't enjoy doing it.

 
A little crow mat.  I decided I had enough pumpkins.
 
 
One just never knows what will sell, so I've got my fingers crossed I'm making things people will want to buy.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by. 
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

16 comments:

kelley said...

Everything looks great Lauren...you are so right...it's always a surprise as to what sells...

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

love them all, esp. your flowers :)
L

marly said...

Good luck vending! You're almost done with your house and my contractor hasn't even called for a estimate.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love those sunflowers!! It's a crap shoot at these shows anymore!

Jennie in GA said...

Cute stuff! I especially like the mat with the green pumpkin.

Jacqueline said...

Cute pumpkins and flowers. Hope it goes well for you.

Angela Tucker said...

I am a huge fan of pumpkins...but that little green one is just too cute!! And I love your sunflowers. The plaid backing is so right! Have an amazing weekend!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and I love your hooked sunflowers. I should make some of those.

Debbie

denise said...

I love your sunflowers! Especially the one i won in your giveaway!

Julia said...

I love your sunflowers. I love the colors and the wool you chose. I hope you do well at the show and sale.

My house needs siding and so much more.
Have fun. Here we are bracing for a hot week.
Hugs, Julia

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren,
Love those pretty wool sunflowers!!! The pumpkins are really nice, too!! Hope you do well at your show!! As you said, you just never know WHAT will sell!!! Have a great weekend!! Oh, and the high here is only supposed to be 86 degrees!!!!!! WHAT???? I'm LOVING IT!!!!!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Saundra said...

Great sunflowers and hooked pumpkins. Oh yeah, I remember the days of trying to second guess the buyers. Good luck figuring that out.

Prims By The Water said...

Wish you would have come to Holly with these sunflowers and pumpkins. They are deliciously perfect for Autumn and hope others like them as I do. Good luck at the show. Janice

susan hemann said...

lovely sunflowers, is it time to purchase one? lol

acorn hollow said...

we are hot here like mid august again Ilove the cool temps of fall but this is just crazy. Love your pieces It thought you would be hammering spoons for the rest of the fall.

Cathy

Farm Girl said...

You have been really busy but boy do I wish I could go there. I love everything you make. I hope you sell out.
I can't wait to see your house when its finished. I hope you have a lovely week.